Aspiring writer (particularly in film & music). Pop culture enthusiast.
Published October 18th 2011
This is a simple recipe which is very quick and easy to make. You only need minimal ingredients and it's quite cheap, especially when feeding a family.
This recipe will serve 2 decent sized plates. Double the recipe if you'd like more.
Ingredients: 1. 2 bunches of broccolini.
2. 1 red capsicum.
3. 1 yellow capsicum.
4. Mushrooms (as many or as little as you like.)
5. 1 tablespoon of Honey.
6. 1-2 tablespoons of Soy sauce.
Method: 1. Wash and chop up your vegetables.
2. Heat oil in a pan. If you would like more flavour, add garlic and onions. Once heated add your broccolini. It should take 5-10 minutes to cook. You'll still want it to be crunchy as the rest of your veggies still have to cook.
3. Toss in your mushrooms. Let your mushrooms cook slightly and then add your capsicums.
4. Add your soy sauce and honey. Another 5 minutes should be all it takes to be cooked, as I said before you don't want soggy vegetables.
5. When you notice the soy sauce and honey bubbling, take it off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
6. Voila. Your meal is complete. Serve over noodles or rice.