The Easter school holidays commence on Friday 2 April and what better way to kickstart the holidays than with an abundance of Easter school holiday activities for the kids. Ranging from FREE to low-cost to something a bit more up there, this Easter Bunny has your holidays sorted.
🐰 Friday 2 April to Friday 16 April | 7.00am to 5.00pm
Great Botanic Race - FREE school holiday activity - self-guided orienteering challenge Great for ages 10 years and older Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Gardens 51 Palm Creek Road, Tanawha Registration and ticketing is not necessary for this activity
A FREE self-guided orienteering challenge for aged 10 and older - Image: Sunshine Coast Council FB
Looking for an unusual fun activity for your children, that are aged ten and older? The self-guided orienteering Great Botanic Race challenge is perfect for older kids, giving them mapped points in and around the Botanic Gardens, all aimed at solving the Great Botanic Race puzzle along the way.
Grab a map from the front entry to the Maroochy Bushland Botanic Gardens and set off on your own trip of discovery!
🐰 Friday 2 April to Friday 16 April | 9.30am to 6.00pm Operation Botanica at Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve - FREE activity Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve, Maleny
Registration and ticketing is not necessary for this activity
Become a Junior Ranger Detective at Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve in Maleny - Image: Sunshine Coast Council FB
Keen on becoming a Junior Ranger Detective for FREE these Easter school holidays? Go undercover in the Mary Cairncross rainforest to solve the Operation Botanica mysteries, where you will find some of the plants in the rainforest are under threat or are slowly but surely, strangling each other!
Children will get to use their observation skills to answer questions and document their evidence, to prove that they have completed the mission.
🐰 Friday 2 April to Sunday 18 April | 9.00am to 4.30pm
Easter at The Ginger Factory - FREE Entry
The Ginger Factory, 50 Pioneer Road, Yandina
Starting on Good Friday - for every day over the Easter long weekend - and then continuing throughout the Easter school holidays, The Ginger Factory are inviting families to visit, to enjoy tempting fun-filled fabulous Easter entertainment.
*Ginger Factory Explorers
- calling all budding explorers, who love to hunt for hidden treasure. Start at the Ice Creamery, where you will receive your FREE compass and map to get you on the road of adventure and discovery.
Pick up your FREE compass and map at the Ice Creamery! Image: The Ginger Factory FB
*The Farm House
- this is the perfect hang-out for kids, with a range of fun activities, including Easter colouring-in station, kids table tennis, the storybook corner, giant Jenga, Twister, jigsaw puzzles and even hopscotch!
*The Carrot Patch
- the Carrot Patch is the ideal corner for kids and their parents to relax and take-a-break, whilst watching The Gruffalo's Child movie, that will be playing all day in The Carrot Patch.
Join the Gruffalo Spotters Club - Image: The Ginger Factory FB
*The Gruffalo Spotters Club
- did you know that the Gruffalo is still visiting The Ginger Factory? If you're a frequent visitor to The Ginger Factory and absolutely love all things 'Gruffalo', now may be the perfect time to join the Gruffalo Spotters Club to start collecting animals every time you visit! Collect all five and WIN a Gruffalo Activity Booklet!
*DIY Gingerbread Man | Only $6.50 each
- Check in at the Ice Creamery for your Gingerbread Man kit that will include the gingerbread man, all ready for decorating, icing and lollies. An awesome activity for children to experiment and showcase their imaginations and creativity.
Kids love decorating their very own Gingerbread Man - Image: The Ginger Factory FB
With three different time slots on six different days (and workshops selling out pretty fast), children can hop into the world of chocolate this Easter to unleash their inner chocolatier, creating something truly spectacular. These KOKOPOD workshops cater for the young creative, who is eager and ready to learn the art of chocolate making.
The Mini Chocolatier Workshops are suitable for ages 5 to 12 - Image: KOKOPOD FB
With heaps of FREE and low-cost adventures happening throughout the Easter school holidays, bookmark the venues, don your super-sleuthing or Easter Bunny gear and get ready to enjoy and discover the hidden worlds of the wonderful Sunshine Coast.
From my home to yours - HAPPY EASTER, EVERY-BUNNY!