For many people, Easter is just about eating all their chocolate eggs and rabbits over the long weekend. For other people, it is a time to celebrate their religion. But if you are like myself, it is time to shake things up and enjoy your Easter holiday with some of these unique ways to spend your time in Brisbane:
1. Check out the Medieval Power exhibition at the Queensland Museum 2. Have an Animal Onesies party.
7. Compete with your friends and attempt a food challenge. 8. Order a pre-made picnic from Brizzie Baskets and visit your local park. 9. Explore a suburb you have never been to before.
10. Book at five star hotel in the city with champagne breakfast.
11. Write a fan letter to your favourite celebrity and ask for an autograph.
12. Learn about sustainable fish with the Australian Marine Conservation Society's app.
13. Start to grow your own food in your backyard.
14. Introduce yourself to your neighbours and swap phone numbers for Neighbour's Day.
15. Learn Auslan sign language.
16. Buy winter clothes and furry animal slippers for your nieces and nephews.
17. Enjoy the fresh sea air at Redcliffe Sails Festival
18. Learn to cook with ghee, coconut sugar, coconut oil or native herbs and spices from Herbies.
19. Go camping and learn the names of the constellations.
20. Sunbake in your own backyard with the latest bestseller or your favourite paper magazine.
21. Buy a 'cheese cake' from Black Pearl Epicure.
22. Admire the amazing art at the The 8th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art (APT8) at the Queensland Art Gallery I Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA)
23. Learn how to old-school can jam and ferment your own foods.
24. Sort through your digital photos and order some prints.
25. Surprise someone you admire with a flower delivery from Poppy Rose