I'm a freelance writer who lives on the Bellarine Peninsula. I enjoy finding new things to see and do in the beautiful area that I live in. I'm also a booklover- see my reviews at acomfychair.com/profile/52/
Santa can be a pretty versatile bloke when it comes to transportation.
While he more than likely prefers riding in a sleigh pulled by his many reindeer, he is not averse to riding on a motorbike, bouncing on a kangaroo (as depicted in more than one Aussie-themed story) and racing around in a Ferrari. But that's not all. It seems the jolly fella also enjoys a drive in a fire truck, if his annual Christmas Run with the Drysdale CFA is anything to go by.
Santa will stop at each of these signs on Christmas Eve
On Christmas Eve, from 6.30pm onwards, the Drysdale CFA, along with Santa, will be driving around the streets of Drysdale, Clifton Springs and Curlewis, spreading some Christmas cheer. They will be following three different routes, with predetermined stops (as listed below), where kids (young and old alike) will be able to meet Santa and receive lollies from his stash.
The Drysdale CFA Headquarters
This annual event is always popular, with large crowds often gathering at each of the stops. With new estates popping up around the area, the CFA have had to increase their routes from two to three, so that everyone gets the chance to see Santa and his tinsel-and-bauble-laden fire truck. The anticipation of his arrival is often preceded by people walking along the streets to the designated stop areas, and the far-off 'woop woop' of the siren as the truck approaches.
If you happen to be in the area as Santa and the Drysdale CFA are making their rounds, feel free to stop by and join in the fun. After all, it's not every day you get to see Santa in a truck as red as his outfit is!
The coloured spots indicate each of the Route stops
Corner Panpandi Drive and Carawatha Avenue Corner Dundundra Drive and Waulu Ave Park opposite Peta Mews on Delungra Ave Corner Wanawong Court and Dundundra Drive
• Corner Gumarooka Avenue and Dandarriga Drive
• Corner Derribong Way and Thamballina Road
• Clifton Springs Shops (Centaurus Avenue)
• Corner Country Club Drive and Catalina Crescent
• Corner Bayshore Avenue and Country Club Avenue
• Corner Elanora Way and Bayshore Avenue
• Bayswater Estate (Beach Vista Drive)
• Jetty Road Adventure Playground
• Wathaurong Reserve (Collins Street)
• Drysdale Police Station (Eversley Street)
• Corner Serene Terrace and Waterhaven Boulevard
• Corner Lennox Court and Buccleugh Street
• Corner Oakland Drive and De Burgh Road
• Drysdale Train Station (Station Street)
• Corner Granville Street and Duke Street
• Corner Marsh Court and Wyndham Street
• Corner Condy Street and Nash Avenue
• Corner Vron Place and Eastwood Crescent
• Clifton Springs Preschool Central Road
• Corner Pastoral Place and Appleby Street
• Ashworth Park
• Connor Park
• Woolworths Curlewis
• Percy Cherry Park