Do you love coins? Do you look at all your coins to find a commemorative one that you haven't seen before? On Saturday, April 22nd the Royal Australian Mint will be having a dollar-for-dollar coin swap so you can take home some freshly minted coins for your collection. The coin swap will be open from 10 am – 4 pm in the Royal Australian Mint Foyer. Choose between two types:
1/ 50th anniversary of Australian decimal currency circulating coins (2016):
* 2 dollar coins – Available in $10 sachets.
* 1 dollar coins – Single coins only, limited amount available.
* 50c coins - Available in $10 sachets (photo above).
* 20c coins - Available in $4 sachets.
* 10c coins - Single coins only, limited amount available.
* 5c coins - Available in $2 sachets.
2/ 1 Dollar Circulating Coin (2017) – 100 Years of Anzac - The Spirit Lives - Available in $10 sachets.
See the Royal Australian Mint website for pictures of the coins and more details. There will also be free, half hour public tours at 11am, 1pm and 2pm.