A retired business owner, my passions are cooking, photography and eating. I use all three of these when I write for recipeyum.com.au which is on HubGarden
Have fun going down this ice slide again and again
Winter is here! And with winter comes those wonderful events that you can only do in the cold weather - nowadays in capital cities of Australia, this includes ice skating, making snowmen, ice slides and more. These are in specially designed areas and places for this fun pastime for all ages.
And now you can literally slide into winter! You can feel and go with the chill that will be in Melbourne without actually leaving Melbourne at all. The District Ice Slide is back once again for all to experience and have fun at. This time it will be cooler and even faster so make sure you rug up in those winter woollies to keep warm while having a good time.
You could put on your speed goggles and go out for it all or if you are a less brave person you can just take it easy, go with the flow and slide in style. But whichever you choose, remember to put on your best smile on the way down as your image will be captured as you careen down the slopes. This is courtesy of the major sponsor UNIQLO, who are now open at The District. Facebook, Instagram will be flooded with these cheesy grin photos and your friends will envy you this experience if they are not with you!
The dates for this event are from 29th June to 14th July 2019 from 11.00 am to 5.00 pm daily. It is situated at The Square, next to UNIQLO, The District Docklands, 440 Docklands Drive, Docklands. Entry into the slide is FREE with the gold coin donation as previously mentioned.
To sum up details for this event are as follows:
1. Each slide you go on, you are asked for a gold coin donation. All the proceeds from these will be going to Kids Under Cover, so bring heaps of change because you are sure to want to go over and over and over again on this exciting slide!
2. Children under 3 years of age OR under 80cm in height are not permitted on the ice slide.
3. Children under 4 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on the ice slide. mums, dads and carers need to be ready to also go on the slide!
4. As mentioned, you will need to rug up and don't forget your beanies, scarves and gloves to keep to keep you all over warm!
5. The last slide of the day will close at 4.00 pm sharp so that is the latest you can stand in the line.
6. Make sure you are all having fun!
7. You can also buy Spanish doughnuts by San Churro with free sampling.
8. Moving gif of your slide down the slope sent straight to your phone!
9. There will be music played by a DJ.
Full slide terms and conditions are available at their website and it is suggested that you read these before you attend the event.
There will also be two evening sessions on Friday 5th July and Friday 12th July from 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm. Entry to the event is FREE however you will need to make a booking as there are limited spots available! At these sessions, you will be able to buy coffee or hot chocolate from $4, or from Urban Alley Brewery, you can buy beer on tap from $6.
To make your booking for these sessions, please click on this link.
About Kids Under Cover
Kids Under Cover is a not-for-profit organisation which is run to prevent youth homelessness.
They are a charity organisation supporting vulnerable young people aged between the ages of 12 and 25 years. These people are either already homeless and living on the streets or they are at risk of homelessness.