“Creativity Is Intelligence Having Fun.” – Albert Einstein
Published May 20th 2012
Looking for some great dating ideas and want to have a magnificent time with your date then read on.
1. Eureka Skydeck 88 - The Eureka Skydeck was created to reach the sky and get a bit closer to God or the Universe. Prepare to be ravished as you press your face against the glass walls of the Eureka tower and take in the bewitching view of Melbourne from a staggering height of 975 feet.
Amaze your date with the awe-inspiring, bird's-eye view of gorgeous Melbourne. Want to be bold? Then venture out to "the Edge" with your date and gaze down through the glass floors to find Melbourne at your feet, and either be confounded by the feeling of nothingness or be rewarded with the feeling of being the ultimate rulers of the world. Either way, you and your date will have in for a treat. Make your experience more memorable through some amateur photographing and animated conversation! .
2. Sky High Mount Dandenong – Escape the concrete jungle and the perennial traffic and take your date to the Sky High at Mount Dandenong. Sky High is the uppermost reach of the Dandenong Ranges bestowing you with a panoramic view of greater Melbourne from Morning Peninsula to the beautiful Port Philip Bay.
Surround yourself with the lush greeneries and breathtaking view. Sip coffee at the café and take in the stunning sunset as darkness slowly engulfs mother earth and city lights lit up majestically. Gaze up and be prepared to be dazzled by the charismatic stars. Far away from the rat race and the city noise, miles away from the towering buildings and crowds, share an enchanting evening with your date.
3. Chill on Ice lounge – Southbank is the location for the only Ice lounge in Melbourne. For a reasonable fee, you get to rug up like an Eskimo and explore the Ice lounge for 30 minutes to enjoy the beautiful ice sculptures while sipping alcoholic beverages to keep yourself warm in the freezing temperatures.
Model for the mounted cameras and take some bizarre and funky pictures of yourself and your date, which you can later purchase for a small price. Head here to find out all the intricate details and let the adventure begin.
4. Beach – Melbourne is home to numerous beaches. If you are feeling lazy or not looking at travelling far, St Kilda and Elwood are there to quench your thirst for sea and fresh air. If you are feeling adventurous and do not mind travelling then you can explore the Brighton, Frankston, Chelsea beaches or somewhat further away Rye and Sorrento, to name a few.
Take a walk with your date and have fun discovering what the sea has brought to the shores. Sink your teeth into some fish and chips and breathe in the fresh air. Feeling very romantic? Spread out a quilt and savour some sushi and champagne with your date while watching the sun bid its farewell for the day and setting in the horizon. Listen to the lapping sound of the sea and feel the surrounding grow darker as the ship lights and stars in the sky gradually make their appearance. Feel the magic and have a great time.
5. The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant – Ever wondered what it would be like to have lunch or dinner on a moving tram or just want to try something different? The Colonial Tramcar restaurant will provide you with a unique lunch or dining experience. These vintage trams have been converted into elegant and stylish restaurant cars which take you on a 2-3 hour ride around the Melbourne city as you enjoy your lunch or dinner.
The lunch/dinner can be a 3-5 course meal depending on your budget and the time of the day. You will be greeted by eloquent and sophisticated butlers who will usher you to your exquisite table decorated with a fresh rose. You will be informed about the menu and will be introduced/re-introduced to the various iconic attractions as the tram will gracefully make its way through the Melbourne city. You and your date will be given the celebrity treatment, while your glasses will be constantly filled with the drinks of your choice. You are guaranteed to leave this mobile restaurant with a satisfied smile and a gleeful spin in your step.
On a side note, over the years the Colonial Tramcar restaurant has acquired quite a bit of fame and popularity resulting in the fact that it is often booked out. So if you are keen to have a unique experience with your date, do not hesitate and grab your smartphone or computer and visit their website to make a booking.
6. Cruise – Impress your date by taking them on a cruise! There are a multitude of cruises on offer which include Yarra River cruises, Yarra River Dinner cruises, and cruises from Williamstown. Check out the website and take your pick from one of the many cruises on offer. You could also visit Dreamscape Tours for more cruise options to cater to your individual needs and desires. Envisage having dinner on a cruise boat with live music playing in the background, the boat slowly making its way through the Yarra flanked by the dazzling city lights and guided by the starlit sky as you enjoy the undivided attention of your date. Have a wonderful date night.