Guys. I got you covered. Here are some cute and classy date ideas to enjoy with everyone's favourite family member- your fur baby!
1. Dog parks. Yes, I know, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that a long walk in the park is good for a girl, Bae and pooch. But of all the dog parks in Sydney, there are three that stand out to me.
1. Glebe Foreshore- Stunning views and access to the water are the highlights of this often quiet park. The whole area is off-lead 24/7, so you can relax with a book while your dog runs a muck. It's the perfect place to hold hands with Mr. or Ms. Right as you enjoy watching the docked fishing boats bobbing below Victoria Bridge.
2. Fagan Park- About 45 mins north west of Sydney CBD, this quirky gem is perfect for a packed picnic. Explore the miniature worlds as each garden is themed as a different continent. Stroll through Africa, South and North America, Europe and Asia all in one afternoon!
3. Centennial Park- Famously dog-friendly, but did you know that the area surrounding the main road inside the park is off-lead 24/7? There are various dog-free and on-lead areas inside the park, check the signs. Also, all cafes in Centennial are dog-friendly so this one is great for Saturday coffee dates or Fri-yay champagne picnics.
Pro-tip: For more options, your local council website will have a list of every park in your area. It will include a map of dog-friendly spaces within each park; on-lead/off-lead times; and info on amenities, accessibility, cafes etc
2. The movies! If you and BF are movie buffs, take your BFFL along to a film at Blacktown Drive-In Cinemas. Located next to Wet 'n' Wild, tickets and times are available from Event Cinema websites. The cinema shows new films as well as having some themed nights of cult classics and family nights etc.
3. The Markets
There's nothing that Sydney-Siders love more than strolling around the Markets acting cool. There is a local market held in every major Sydney area (I did my research). Some notable ones are:
-Bondi Markets every Sunday
-Addison Road Markets Marrickville, every Sunday
-Glebe Markets every Saturday
-Mosman Artisan Markets, The first Saturday of every month
-Parramatta Farmers Markets, every Fri-yay.
Remember everyone, that you are your dog's whole life, so the more you include them in the better!