Here's another one of my scone experiments! If you aren't a fan of glacé ginger, just add some extra chopped dates.
Pre-heat oven to 220c Ingredients
3 cups of self-raising flour, sifted 300 ml of cream 150 ml water 1 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup chopped Buderim glacé ginger
1. After sifting flour into a large mixing bowl, add the chopped dates and ginger. 2. Pour in the cream and water, mix until combined. (It's really important with scones to not 'over' mix.) If it feels a little 'gooey', just add a little more flour.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured board and pat out to about 2cm high.
4. Use either a large scone cutter or just cut into squares with a floured sharp knife.
5. Place on a buttered baking tray very close together (should be almost touching).
6. Brush with a little milk.
7. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.