Rock stars, superheroes, cartoon characters, movie stars ... what will you Dare to Wear in support of a good cause for charity?
Dare to Wear Day is a day to recognise and appreciate vulnerable women with enormous courage who experience disadvantage when seeking employment in Australia. It is a fun campaign in support of Fitted for Work, a non-profit organisation to help women experiencing disadvantage to get work and keep it. The funds will be used to help the organisation in continuously providing free services to women who are in need.
This year, the Dare to Wear Day has been set on Friday, 15th March 2013, and it is open to all - women, men, and kids. Participants can register as an individual or as a team. They can wear something different, wacky or outrageous for just one day to raise funds. Instead of a casual Friday, men and women can organise a Dare to Wear Day on the 15th March as an employee event! I think it would be a fun-filled day with lots of laughter to take away some stress from the week and it is a great way to start the weekend.
Sponsors and donors of participants for Dare to Wear Day are strongly encouraged to donate online. Each donation will be given an automated online receipt.
In short, here's how to participate in Dare to Wear Day: 1. Register yourself or your team.
2. Let people know how to sponsor you, eg. social media, posters.
3. Wear your outfit to work on 15th March. You can host your own event in conjunction with your fundraising effort e.g. morning tea.
4. Have fun, enjoy yourself - all for a great cause!
In addition to that, registered participants can also win prizes: 1. Cheeky Fifty Prize - Participants who raise more than $50 can enter this competition. Winners will receive goodie bags from vintage and contemporary boutiques.
2. Most Daring Outfit - The winner will be able to attend the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Week Closing Parade.
3. Most Money Raised - The team to raise the most money will a receive fantastic pack from Moet Hennessey.