Proudly sponsored by Channel 9, and with massive continued support from the people of Perth, as well as Perth's dance community, this year's event is set to be the biggest and best yet! In aid of the Children's Leukaemia & Cancer Research Foundation (CLCRF), the idea is to encourage as many people as possible to become involved and perform a fun and professionally choreographed dance in Perth's City Mall. Who can forget the 700 strong dancing flash mob of the 2012 "Flame for Aline" initiative that had everyone in Perth talking about the need for childhood cancer research! Keep the flame alive by supporting this amazing event that supports the continued research, as well as encouraging fitness and having a great time in the process.
Follow the easy steps to register as an individual, family, or group.
The Registration is easy, enter your whole family, workmates, club, or friends by name at the registration page and select their T-shirt size. The cost is $35 for adults and $20 for children including the T-shirt.
Follow this link to the Dance for A Cure website and follow the easy steps to sign up now!
1. After registration, get your mob together and practice the dance moves. Lauchlan Bain, an independent Perth choreographer, has put together videos to follow and Australian Band Sheppard has licensed their hit song Geronimo to the CLCRF for this special occasion. The moves are suitable for people of all ages and you don't even need to be a good dancer to participate. They are designed so that everyone can get active, get outdoors and have fun.
2. Attend one of the rehearsals to be held at Perth Football Club - Lathlain Park, Cnr Goddard St & Bishopsgate St in Lathlain. The days to choose from are; either Sunday 18 October - 10am til 12pm, or Sunday 25 October - 10am til 12pm.
3. Next you're all set to go to Forrest Place on November 8 and rock it out! Be guided by a wonderful team of volunteers and staff. What a great opportunity to get together and enjoy a fun physical activity while raising funds for a great cause in the process.
CLCRF ambassador the Right Honourable Lord Mayor Lisa M. Scaffidi will open the event and WA cricket coach (and long-term CLCRF Patron) Justin Langer, will be available to sign your event t-shirt. Help us spread the word readers and do not miss this event!
What do I need to do again? OK It's easy; 1. Choose your T-shirt size 2. Register by name
3. Learn the dance
4. Come to at least one rehearsal on either Sunday 18th October or Sunday 25th October
5. Arrive at Forrest Place by 10:30am on Sunday 8th November