If you have a particularly sweet tooth, you may want to add a little extra sugar to this recipe or serve it with jam or honey. You could also try a banana cake recipe instead.
Ingredients 60g butter or margarine (I use dairy-free margarine) cup brown sugar 2 eggs 3 medium-sized, ripe bananas broken into chunks 1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon cup milk (I use oat milk) 2 cups white self-raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Place butter (or margarine) and sugar in a large mixing bowl or food processor. Mix well.
2. Add the eggs, chunks of banana, vanilla and milk and mix until smooth. If you are mixing by hand you will need to mash the banana first.
3. Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon. Add to banana mixture and mix.
4. Place mixture into a well-greased loaf pan and bake at (180oC) for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Bread is ready when the centre of the cake springs back when gently pushed, or when a wooden skewer inserted into the bread comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool slightly before removing the loaf from the tin.