Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
list an event      1 million Australian readers every month      facebook

Cupcake Day for the RSPCA 2012

Home > Adelaide > Animals and Wildlife | Charity | Community Events | Dog Friendly | Family | Food and Wine | Free | Fun for Children | Fun Things To Do
by Bec Ninness (subscribe)
A Social Science grad with a never-ending appetite and lust for Sydney life. Community and Social Media Manager @ProjectFutures
[ADVERT]Once a humble little treat baked by mothers for school fetes, the delightful little cupcake has recently become a massive hit with whole stores now dedicated to selling this tasty morsel. If you are a fellow lover of the cupcake you can now put your cupcake guzzling to good use on Monday August 20 to raise much-needed funds for everyone's favourite animal welfare organisation, the RSPCA, during RSPCA's Cupcake Day.

RSPCA Cupcake Day 2012
Get your aprons ready for RSPCA's cupcake day!

The RSPCA is an animal welfare organisation dedicated to preventing and responding to animal cruelty by protecting, rescuing, and caring for all creatures great and small - yes, that includes you Mr. Wombat.

And with only 3% of their funding coming from the government that means for the remaining 97% the RSPCA relies on generous corporate sponsors and individuals in the community to keep their vital work going.

RSPCA - For all creatures great & small
RSPCA - For all creatures great & small

And so this is where your love of cupcakes and all creatures great and small comes in. On Monday August 20, the RSPCA would love you to whip out that apron and then whip up some delicious cupcakes and host a Cupcake Day Party and sell your tasty wares and raise much-needed funds for the RSPCA. You can host your party at home, in the workplace or even at school and registration is free. Head along to the RSPCA Cupcake Day website to register your party and start planning what tasty treats you'll be baking for the big day.

RSPCA Cupcake Day 2012
Cupcakes taste better when they're for a good cause!

If you don't fancy yourself much of a baker, fear not as you are encouraged to get out there and gobble up those tasty cupcakes and donate some spare change to a good cause. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

So mark August 20 in your diary and start planning your cupcake extravaganza or start squirreling away your spare change and help support the RSPCA's good work in a very tasty way.
Help us improve  Click here if you liked this article  28
Share: email  facebook  twitter
Why? Because cupcakes taste better when they're for a good cause
When: Monday 20 August 2012
Phone: See the RSPCA Cupcake Day for the contacts in each state
Where: Nation-wide
Cost: Free to register
Your Comment
how do we find out where people are selling their cupcakes?
by moana (score: 0|4) 3169 days ago
More Sydney articles
Articles from other cities
by Julia A on 14/08/2017
by May Cross on 20/06/2017
by Jen on 01/08/2015
by Sarah M on 27/06/2014
by B Walkin on 13/08/2011
by Courtney Gahan on 26/07/2011
by Sara K on 26/07/2011
Top Events
Popular Articles