I tried making crepes for the first time and I must say they turned out quite well. I have now perfected the recipe and this works great. Apparently bananas are great as well however they are about $12 a kilo at the moment and very under-ripe.
You will need: 1 cup plain flour 3 tsp caster sugar 1 1/2 cups milk 1 tbsp butter, melted 2 eggs
Strawberries Thickened cream for whipping
1. Sift the flour and 1tsp of caster sugar into a bowl
2. Whisk egg and milk together in separate bowl
3. Gradually add milk/egg mixture into flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
4. Add melted butter and whisk briefly (avoid over whisking).
5. Combine remaining caster sugar and cream and beat on high until cream becomes fluffy.
6. Pour some of the crepe mixture into a well oiled pan (enough to cover the bottom).
7. Hold pan above flame and slowly rotate so mixture is even across pan.
8. Fry until bottom becomes firm enough to flip.
8. Fry second side only for 10-15 seconds (bubbles will appear).
9. Serve onto a plate with strawberry and cream on one half of crepe and fold over. Dress with extra creme and strawberries and enjoy.