My favourite food is quick and easy, where I can chuck a load of ingredients in a pan and they magically evolve in to something that resembles a 'dish' that looks good enough to eat. My mum makes a good red pesto pasta that is great with chicken, fish or vegetarian and good comfort dish.
The recipe makes 3-4 servings (15-20 minutes)
What you will need:
2 cups of dry pasta (or fresh) 2 chicken breasts 1 red onion 4 tbsp. of red pesto cup of crème fraiche a handful of olives (black or green) cup of sweet corn
What you need to do:
1. Bring water to boil and cook pasta.
2. Heat oil and add diced chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes (or equivalent meat or veg substitute).
3. Add diced onion and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add crème fraiche, pesto, olives and sweet corn, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Drain pasta thoroughly and stir in well.
6. Top with grated fresh parmesan cheese.