Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Adelaide > Comments > Dealing with Coronavirus Food Shortages
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
gpckly
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
Great article, you make some good points. I being of a Greek background, I was always taught to make use of any foodstuff and how to make things from scratch when it came to cooking (so a lot of seasonal cooking and adapting recipes with a range of ingredients).We also were taught to respect food whether it be foods that are humble and not so luxurious. I find it appalling that some people are being so fussy and picky....food is food whatever that may be...you need it to survive, other people in the world do not have food....so agree it is not a big price to pay...
by kerry (score: 0|2) 1159 days ago
by Roy Chambers (score: 3), 1159 days ago
It is easy to know which fruit and vegetables are in season, it is when they are cheap. So not only is it better for the environment it is better for your pockets.

I am not sure that people are being picky as such, it is more about just a reluctance to change. I enjoyed the adventure of not knowing what I am going to find in the supermarket week to week and excited when I could buy something I needed. But other people, especially working parents who are doing extra shifts at the moment, don't have the same luxury in regards flexibility.

Yet it is also a great opportunity to explore a wide range of recipes. I am still trying to figure out how to make spaetzle without a spaetzle maker.