Art enthusiast. Loves painting, bushwalking and travels. Writing what I love sparks my passion. Sydney, Australia.
Enjoy the community spirit and family fun
There are a great line-up of community events in Inner West, which promise to be a great way to spend your weekends with your family and friends. Not only that you are able to enjoy the community spirit, but also you and your family are able to make a difference in your neighbourhood and some people's lives. 1. Sydney Style Markets @The Italian Forum Sydney Style Markets is a unique Market in Sydney's Inner West, with designers, creators and retailers showcasing a wonderful array of fashion, accessories, homewares and more for the whole family.
Together with The Italian Forum, Sydney Style Markets offers a fun family day out with lots of activities for the kids along with an array of restaurants, cafes, retail shopping. Undercover parking is available.
When: Sunday in each month between 10 am and 4 pm on the following dates: 19 August 2012 16 September 2012 14 October 2012 11 November 2012 16 December 2012
Where: The Italian Forum, Norton Street Leichhardt
2. Celebrate Leichhardt's Sustainable and Liveable Community
If you want to learn more about Leichhardt's living streets, this is a great opportunity for you to join this community event to find out how you and your family can make a difference in your neighbourhood.
Activities include: Tour showcasing the streets new sustainability features
Composting and worm farming workshop
• Mini beasts from Whites Creek Wetlands
• Bicycle maintenance tips, routes and free safety check
• Kids face painting
Photo courtesy of Leichhardt Council website - ww.leichhardt.nsw.gov.au
When: Saturday, 18 August 2012, 12 pm - 2 pm
Where: Taylor Street, Annandale
For enquiry: email@example.com or call Celia Busteed on 9367 9053
3. Dad's Day Out
There is nothing better than having a great day out for the family on Father's Day with free kids activities and entertainment. Peter Combe, the special guest, will be there to entertain children with his songs. Don't miss out the Dad's Day Out event.
4. Inner West Relay For Life 2012 Relay For Life is a fun, outdoor overnight fundraising event where teams of 10 to 15 people take turns walking or running around a local oval to raise funds for cancer research, education, support services and advocacy.
This fundraising event aims to bring communities together to celebrate and remember the lives of those who have battled cancer. The Inner West at Leichhardt Relay is held for its first year at King George Park in Rozelle.
When: The event runs from 10:00am Saturday (13 October, 2012) to 10:00 am Sunday (14 October, 2012).
Where: King George Park, Rozelle
Early bird registration $15 per person (pay by 18 August 2012)
Registrations from 19 August 2012 onwards $20 per person
For enquiry: Contact Jo-Anna Villaroman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 93341754
5. Rozelle & Balmain Family Fun Day Rozelle & Balmain Family Fun Day aims to help raise fund for Children's Cancer Institute Australia (CCIA). Neuroblastoma is the leading cause of cancer deaths for children under 5, with an average survival rate of only 40 to 50 per cent. All proceeds from this event will be donated to CCIA's neuroblastoma research. Your support will make a difference to these children's lives and touch their hearts.
This will be a great day for all the family to enjoy the fun-filled activities and magical musical experience, which include some kids' entertainment super-stars, Lah-Lah's Big Live Band.