I'm a city girl passionate about travelling, discovering new places and making the most out of my weekends.
Published December 6th 2012
Great gifts with just a few clicks
Have a long list of Christmas shopping to do but you just can't be bothered navigating the crowds and shops to find that perfect gift? These days, buying good gifts are not limited to physical stores. There are hundreds of online options within a few clicks away and you can do it from the comfort of your home on your laptop, iPad or even smartphone! All you need is an internet connection, a credit card or Paypal account and you're all set to go.
I've compiled an online gift guide to cater to all the different unique individuals in your life.
1. Gifts from the keen eye Photojojo is an online store selling all the fun photography paraphernalia you'll ever come across.
The Photojojo website is easy to browse and you'll be impressed by the variety of photography curiosities there is out there. You can find the perfect gift for that DSLR-crazed brother of yours, or for that iPhone trigger-happy girlfriend who cannot get enough of filters and photo editing apps. Photojojo ships worldwide.
Can't decide which gift to get? Photojojo lets you buy gift cards in any amount from $25 right up to $200, so the decision making power is out of your hands.
2. Gifts for the avid Instagrammer Stickygram is another creative idea stemmed from the Instagram craze taking over the world. For just USD14.99, you can buy that Instagrammer colleague of yours a Stickygram gift card which allows him/her to turn favourite Instagram photos into magnets.
You can have the gift sent straight to the recipient's email address or sent to you so you can print off and package it nicely.
3. Gifts for the bookworm For your mum who can't put down her Kindle, buy her an Amazon gift card online that will let her add to her Kindle e-book library.
You can have the gift card sent to her by email or Facebook or print it off and give it personally.
TheBook Depository is another great website for buying books for your father or best friend who prefers to hold a book physically. They ship worldwide for free and have a wide selection of books to choose from.
4. Gifts for the fashion conscious Asos is an online fashion website that caters to both men and women. Shipping is free to Australia and you'll be spoilt for choices with the selection of trendy clothing, shoes, bags and accessories available on the website. If you'd much prefer to let your wife choose her Christmas gift, why not buy an Asos gift voucher that lets you choose any amount you'd like and it gets delivered to you in time for Christmas.
5. Gifts for the T-shirt loving Who doesn't love a great t-shirt? You can shop for grandpa, aunt Sue, little baby nephew Max or even your boss from Threadless, your one stop T-shirt store selling a huge range of t-shirt designs.
The designs are actually submitted by artists and an online community votes for the best designs each week to turn into t-shirts. You know you'll be giving them a unique gift and supporting emerging artists at the same time. Shipping is $5.95 worldwide.
Threadless has also started an accessories and home and kitchen section selling funky pillow covers, phone covers, tech cases, blankets, aprons and so on so the gift options are endless.
Still can't make up your mind? There's always a gift certificate option on Threadless.