Loves going out and about, drinking coffee, eating chocolate, and writing about her adventures!
Published November 21st 2018
Ten more ways to celebrate the festive season
There's no doubt about it: Christmas is BIG in Canberra! And the events keep on coming. We've already told you about upcoming festive events in Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and in our article on Canberra's Christmas Markets. Now here's Part 4, with even MORE events to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year!
1. Denman Prospect Christmas Picnic in the Park on December 2 from 4pm-7pm at 37 Kondelea Way, Denman Prospect. Come along to this free event and enjoy an evening of live entertainment, a special visit from Santa and Christmas craft activities for the kids. Bring a picnic or buy drinks and a selection of snacks and cheese boards at the event.
2. RSPCA Christmas Open Day on December 8 from 10am to 2pm at RSPCA ACT, 12 Kirkpatrick St, Weston Creek. Come and sup-pawt the RSPCA and get into the festive spirit on their open day! There'll be Santa Paws photos, adoption promotions, real Christmas trees for sale, meets and greets with adopted dogs, and lots more. For more details, please visit here.
3. Belconnen Christmas in the Park on December 8 from 5.30pm to 8.30pm at Dallachy Street, Page. Hosted by Mosaic Baptist Church. Come along and celebrate this joyful season with the Belconnen community. There'll be family fun activities from 5.30pm with Christmas carols from 7pm. There'll be face painting, a petting zoo, jumping castles, inflatable twister board, delicious food stalls, and so much more. All the festive fun takes place in the park next to Mosaic Baptist Church.
4. Queanbeyan Christmas Street Party on December 8 from 5.30pm to 9pm at Crawford St, Queanbeyan. Come along for a fun night of live entertainment, rides, mouth-watering street food, local wines, and Santa Claus, of course!
5. Christmas in Canberra Extragavanza at the Canberra Miniature Railway, Jerrabomberra Avenue, Symonston. From 5pm-10pm on December 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22 and 23. Come along to Canberra's biggest Christmas extravaganza over 9 nights throughout December at the Canberra Miniature Railway! Your flat fee entry ticket includes: entry into the Christmas extravaganza, unlimited miniature train rides, amazing light displays, a visit to Santa's grotto to meet Santa, a huge bouncy slide for the kids, live entertainment, and so much more. For more information and to book your tickets online for a discount, go here.
6. Road to Bethlehem on December 9, 10 and 11 from 6.30pm-9pm at Canberra Christian School, 64 Ainsworth St, Mawson. Bring your family, friends and colleagues to experience the outdoor walk-through theatrical presentation that brings to life the events leading up to the birth of Jesus Christ. This is a free event. For more information and to book your tickets, go here.
7. Christmas in the Park on December 16 from 5pm to 8pm at Glebe Park, Canberra City. Celebrate Christmas in the Park at the Glebe Park Christmas light displays. Bring a picnic and enjoy the evening with live entertainment, Christmas lights and food trucks.
8. The Nutcracker at the Botanic Garden on December 21 from 6.30pm to 10.30pm at the Sunset Cinema, Eucalypt Lawn, Australian National Botanic Garden. Watch Disney's take on this Christmas classic under the stars. Tickets are $13-$20. Purchase them here.
9. Christmessy Festival at St Andrews on December 21 from 6.30pm to 10.00pm at St Andrews Presbyterian Church, 1 State Circle, Forrest. There'll be a Christmas lights display, life size nativity scene, your chance to ring the bells of St Andrews, free BBQ, face painting, an arts and crafts zone and gingerbread decorating!
10. Christmas Day lunch at Kippax Uniting Church on Christmas Day, December 25 from 12pm to 3pm at Kippax Uniting Community Centre, cnr of Luke and Hardwick Streets, Holt. If you need some company or a bit of Christmas cheer this Christmas, then why not join Kippax Uniting Church for a special Christmas Day lunch? There'll be great food, fun activities and all the Christmas trimmings in a family friendly alcohol-free environment. There is no cost to attend the event. All welcome. For more details, contact the church on 6254 1733.