We've given you Christmas events in Canberra Part 1 and Part 2, as well as a selection of Canberra's Christmas markets. Now we present to you Part 3 of Canberra's Christmas events, and this time, it's all about one of the best and most heartwarming traditions of the festive season: community carols! So where can you and your family and friends go to celebrate and sing the festive season to your hearts' content?
1. Molonglo Valley Community Carols on December 1 from 6pm to 8pm, Charles Weston Primary School, Coombs. Enjoy carols from Charles Weston School, Stromlo Christian Church and the residents choir. Bring a picnic or buy your food (BBQ) at the event.
2. Watson Carols by Christmas Lights on December 1 from 5pm-8pm, on the lawns of the Canberra City Band Hall, 49 Phillip Avenue, Watson. Enjoy live music from Spectrum Big Band, and the combined Canberra City Band and John Agnew Band. Sing along to your favourite Christmas Carols and indulge in some delicious home-baked goodies and other delights.
3. Holy Spirit Catholic Parish Gungahlin Christmas Fete on December 1 from 4pm-8pm at Holy Spirit Catholic Parish, 93 Burdekin Avenue, Amaroo. There'll be carols, food stalls, children's activities and so much more.
4. Pasko Sa Canberra on December 2. Taking place at the Embassy of the Philippines on Sunday December 2 from 10am-5pm, Pasko sa Canberra (Christmas in Canberra) is an annual event celebrating Christmas in the Filipino way. There'll be lots of food, entertainment, and Christmas carols! The Embassy of the Philippines is located at 1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla.
5. Community Carols at Marist College on December 11 from 6.30pm-8pm at Marist College, Marr Street, Pearce. Proceeds will go to Vinnies Canberra/Goulburn and Karinya House.
6. Christmas Carols and Festive Morning Tea on December 12 from 9.30am-12.30pm at Majura Women's Group, Frencham Place, Downer. Hosted by the Majura Women's group. All welcome.
7. Christmas with Luminescence on December 14 and 15 at All Saints Church, 9-15 Cowper St, Ainslie. From 7pm. Celebrate the festive season at Luminescence's annual Christmas concert, featuring Luminescence Chamber Singers, Luminescence Children's Choir and Little Lumi. Book your ticket here.
8. Googong Christmas Carols on December 15 from 6pm-8pm at Beltana Park, Beltana Avenue, Googong. This is a non-denominational event with carol singing to the big brass music of the Canberra City Band.
9. Carols in Town Park on December 16 from 4pm at Tuggeranong Town Park, Anketell Street, Tuggeranong. A great event for the whole family.
10. Harrison Christmas Carols on December 16 from 5pm to 7.30pm. Hosted by Northside Life Church at Mullion Park, Encounter Street, Harrison. There'll also be a sausage sizzle and a special appearance from Santa!
11. Christmas at the Carillon on December 16 from 5pm to 7pm at the National Carillon, Aspen Island, Wendouree Drive.
12. High Court Christmas Concert: Carols in the Court on December 16 from 1.30pm-3pm at the High Court of Australia, Parkes Place, Parkes. There'll be a variety of familiar and rarely sung carols in a program devised and performed by wonderful soloists, choral ensembles and the Canberra City Band. This is a free event but admission to the concert is by registration only. Registration opens on November 16. Please go here to secure your place.
13. Community Christmas Celebration at Woden Valley Alliance Church on December 16 from 5.30pm to 8pm, 81 Namatjira Drive, Waramanga. Includes free BBQ, face painting, jumping castle, glitter tattoos, reptile zoo, and carols. All welcome.
14. Fusion City Church's Christmas Celebration on December 16 from 5pm to 8pm at Palmerston Primary School, 80 Kosciusko Avenue, Palmerston. Join the church for some festive fun including carols, a nativity performed by the children, and Christmas games! Food and coffee will also be on sale.
15. Canberra's 74th Carols by Candlelight on December 19. This is Canberra's biggest community carols event. Now celebrating its 74th year, Carols by Candlelight is presented by the Woden Youth Valley Choir, the Canberra City Band, and other performers. Taking place at Stage 88 at Commonwealth Park on Wednesday December 19 from 7pm-9.30pm. Bring a picnic or buy your food and drink at the event.
There's no better way to celebrate Christmas in Canberra than at the Canberra Carols by Candlelight!