Christmas is coming, Canberra! And there'll be plenty of festive fun for everyone to look forward to as the city celebrates this most wonderful time of the year.
Here are eight ways you can get ready for and celebrate the Christmas season in Canberra:
1. DOS Christmas Night Market on November 1. The Designer Op Shop Emporium is located at Fyshwick and contains thirteen small businesses that specialize in luxury vintage fashion and homewares. To celebrate their first Christmas, DOS Emporium will be holding a special Christmas Night Market on November 1 from 6pm. There will be exclusive discounts on offer, pop up workshops, market stalls, champagne bar & nibbles, complimentary gift wrapping & much more! It's never too early to start your Christmas shopping! At DOS Emporium, there are many great gift ideas for everyone. DOS Emporium is located at 1 Lyell Street, Fyshwick.
2. Alliance Francaise Christmas Fair and Open Day on November 17. You can do even more of your Christmas shopping and join in some festive fun "Ó la franšaise" at the Alliance Francaise Christmas Fair and Open Day 2018. Taking place on Saturday November 17 from 10am-3pm in Turner, there'll be unique handcrafted artisan gifts, Christmas decorations, French clothes, cheeses, wines, bread and pastries for sale. There'll also be food stalls, live music, children's activities, and opportunities to get to know and experience the classes, services and events that Alliance Francaise de Canberra offer. Alliance Francaise de Canberra is located at 66 McCaughey St, Turner.
3. Crace Christmas Carnival on December 1. The Crace Community Association will be hosting their annual Christmas Carnival for the whole community on Saturday, December 1. There'll be rides, market stalls, entertainment, food, kids activities, face painting, special guests, and more. For updates on the carnival, please visit the Crace Community Association website here.
4. Yule. Love it. at The Street Theatre on December 1 at 8pm. The Idea of North are an ARIA-award winning Australian a cappella vocal ensemble founded in Canberra in 1993. Join them at the Street Theatre for an end-of-year Christmas event that promises to make you feel all the feels: Fizzy. Squishy. Misty. Classy. Laughy. Singy. Festivy. Standard tickets cost $45 (concession $42). For more details or to book, please go to the Street Theatre's website here.
5. Pasko sa Canberra on December 2. Taking place at the Embassy of the Philippines on Sunday December 2 from 10am-5pm, Pasko sa Canberra (Christmas in Canberra) is an annual event celebrating Christmas in the Filipino way. There'll be lots of food, entertainment, Christmas carols, a talent contest, raffles, games and a very special appearance by Santa. The Embassy of the Philippines is located at 1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla.
6. Christmas High Teas at Pialligo Estate and the Hyatt. Enjoy a very special, very sumptuous Christmas high tea at the Pialligo Estate or the Canberra Hyatt Hotel. The Pialligo Estate Christmas high tea is available every Sunday from November 11 up to December 23. Cost is $60 per person. Bookings are essential. For more information and to book, go here.
As for high tea at the Canberra Hyatt, you can read more about it here.
7. Christmas at the Carillon on December 16. Enjoy a picnic by the lake as you join in a very merry singalong with the wonderful Canberra Harmony Chorus. Taking place at the National Carillion, Aspen Island, on Sunday December 16 from 5pm-7pm.
8. Canberra's 74th Carols by Candlelight on December 19. This is Canberra's biggest community carols event. Now celebrating its 74th year, Carols by Candlelight is presented by the Woden Youth Valley Choir, the Canberra City Band, and other performers. Taking place at Stage 88 at Commonwealth Park on Wednesday December 19 from 7pm-9.30pm. Bring a picnic or buy your food and drink at the event. There's no better way to celebrate Christmas in Canberra than at the Canberra Carols by Candlelight!