Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
list an event      1 million Australian readers every month      facebook

Chocolate Coated History Exhibition

Home > Adelaide > Chocolate | Exhibitions | Festivals
by Audrey (subscribe)
I am a writer living in Adelaide. I love food and travel.
Event: -
Exciting the senses with chocolate
The Chocolate Coated History exhibition is a unique chocolate adventure featuring mouth-watering displays that depict all things chocolate. You will see the historical timeline of chocolate. You will learn weird and wonderful facts about chocolate. You will enjoy many fun chocolate related activities. A chocolate buffet and a gift shop will also be available.

Chocolate Coated History
(image from South Australia's History Festival)


This exhibition is organised by the Tea Tree Gully Heritage Museum as part of South Australia's History Festival. Its volunteers have been preparing and delving into the story of chocolate.

Do you agree that everything is better when dipped in chocolate? Is hot chocolate really like a hug from the inside? Would it be true that 90% of people say they love chocolate but the other 10% are probably lying? Which bars have been most influential? Which country consumes the most chocolate per person per year? What did chocolate mean to Adelaideans from the 1860s to the 1940s?

It will be informative yet intriguing and fun with plenty to see, much to think about and lots to do.

The exhibition will be held from Wednesday the 17th to Sunday the 21st of May 2017 at the Tea Tree Gully Heritage Museum between 10am and 2pm each day. Entry is $5 for adults and $4 for concessions. Bookings are not required.
Help us improve  Click here if you liked this article  20
Share: email  facebook  twitter
Why? To excite the senses with chocolate
When: 17 - 21 May 2017
Phone: 8264 0309
Where: 3 Perseverance Rd, Tea Tree Gully, SA 5091
Cost: $5 adults, $4 concessions
Your Comment
Excited to see this! what more could you want from an exhibitian than chocolate :)
by Hayley Sayers (score: 1|87) 808 days ago
Featured
Foodi Photoh Classie
Top Events
Popular Articles
Categories
Lists
Questions