After career changes heading off in this and that direction like branches on a scraggly tree, writing has been the stable undercurrent through this life. Also affection for cows, animals, family time and the great outdoors, art, craft and exercise!
Published April 2nd 2012
A visit to Chermside Shopping Centre on a Saturday afternoon can be fun, exciting and exhilarating experience. On the other hand, you might feel like standing in the middle of the aisle shouting "get me out of here!" while the world scurries past at lightening speed. If you approach it with the frame of mind, expectation and clarity about the reasons you are venturing into shoppers paradise, you will have a great day.
Here are my top 10 do's and don'ts.
1) Do take advantage of the free 3 hour parking, however take your ticket with you in case you go over ,as this needs to be paid at a pay station prior to exiting in you car.
Don't go over three hours or you can pay dearly for the lunch and movie before 6pm.
2) Do take advantage of free activities and events on offer. Check out the website for upcoming style workshops and fashion advice.
Don't spend hard earned dollars when some of these are free and a lovely way to spend time.
3) Do buy a whole bag of fresh fruit and veggies from one of the supermarkets or greengrocers and have fun making a fresh juice when you get home.
Don't stand in a queue for what seems like eternity to spend money for a rushed drink on the go.
4) Do shout yourself a movie experience and check out what's on offer at Event Cinemas. Enjoy popcorn, lollies or ice cream with friends or even go solo. Nothing beats the big screen surround sound and atmosphere. I recently saw 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel', hilariously entertaining and highly recommended.
5) Do pick up freebies such as 'Style Guide' put out by Westfield and Live Well by GNC.
Don't buy magazines if you are on a tight budget.
6) Do buy your food and stop at a nearby picnic spot for relaxed eating.
Don't buy food and gobble it down in a rush in the food court.
7) Do take the time to source your makeup, skin care and hairstyling products online or in shops to make informed decisions.
Don't go near the skin care or hair styling shops placed in the middle section of the pathways unless you have plenty of time to have a chat about the products and can resist pressure to purchase.
8) Do check out Chermside's great interactive directories in the centre. Orient yourself, use the locator and above all remember where you parked the car!
Don't go wandering aimlessly looking for a particular shop or item.
9) Do enjoy the hustle bustle and interaction, to check out the latest greatest gear from Apple.