Hi :) I'm Katie...
South London wanderer and general adventurer. Follow me @Weekend_Notes
Published April 15th 2013
Don't be alarmed these really aren't as disgusting as you think, and I would even go as far as to say they are pretty damn delicious. My mother first tried these a couple of weeks ago and made them so hot and spicy they almost blew my head off but I was determined to try them again and I have ever so slightly amended her recipe so that it would sort a more human taste palate. Trust me, one bite and you will be totally converted.
Obviously you can just amend the amount of chill to your tastes or add another ingredient if you are feeling a little creative. This recipe is so quick and easy and will take only 10 minutes to prepare, they are a great picnic treat and a conversation starter, or even a treat for kids lunchboxes.
2 medium sized eggs 175g of strong cheddar cheese (grated) 2 chillies finely chopped (or a tbsp of chilli flakes if you prefer) 150g rolled porridge oats 1 tbsp of flour (plain or self-raising) Salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 190c and a grease a baking tin (approx 20cm)
2. Whilst the butter is slowly melting on a medium heat, mix the other ingredients together
3. Add the melted butter and mix well
4. Spread the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Don't forget to leave to cool and then cut into 12.