Times are tough though, and a lot of us don't have as much money as we'd like, so in the interests of psychological health, here are 5 cheap and easy things to do in a shopping centre:
1. Visit the pet store Pets (like kids) can be hard work, messy and expensive. But most are adorable to look at. Don't worry about those looming deadlines, just pet a puppy.
2. Play games You're never too old to play games. I like Timezone, but I've also seen people creating their own, e.g. treasure hunts or even playing pranks on people, and I hear people with co-ordination enjoy bowling.
3. Get your photo taken Life's short, so grab a friend and head to one of those photo booths and make sure you pull funny faces.
4. Get a massage It's only $2 for 5 minutes in these massage chairs. Bargain! Or you could splurge, and treat yourself to one from somewhere like Max Therapy.
5. Sample things No, I don't mean steal. I mean give yourself a makeover with Priceline testers, or head to T2 and don't leave until you've sampled everything.