Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Adelaide > Comments > ANZAC Day Light Up the Dawn From Home
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
zhpnkx
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
I am baking Anzac biscuits for morning tea, cooking Corned Beef (aka 'bully beef') for dinner.

I will wear my red Flanders poppy for the Australians, the green poppy for the New Zealand allies and the purple poppy for the animals who never returned. I created a brooch using all three, joined it with a slouch hat badge which I purchased at the National Anzac Centre in ALBANY.

LEST WE FORGET - WE WILL REMEMBER THEM ALL
by Gloria (score: 2|555) 1157 days ago
by Gloria (score: 2), 1154 days ago
G'day May,
I wish I could show you a photo of the brooch.
I am not computer literate to scan and send. Sorry.
The order I have displayed the poppies are green, red, purple. The slouch hat (pin) on the red Flanders Poppy, also has LEST WE FORGET ribbon attached.
A couple of years ago I purchased a children's book entitled 'Anzac Ted' by Belinda Landsberry. First published in 2014. A beautiful story especially for primary school children.
I have created my own 'Anzac Ted' using my husbands childhood teddy bear wearing a National Serviceman's coloured lanyard.
My husband had three great uncles who never returned from WW1 and another relative was a Prisoner of War of the Japanese- WW2 , captured in Java and sent to the Thai-Burma Railway where he died and now at rest in the Australian War Graves Cemetery in Kanchanaburri - Thailand.
by May Cross (score: 3), 1154 days ago
Gloria I would love to see a photo of your brooch.
by Nadine Cresswell-Myatt (score: 3), 1157 days ago
Love all the great things you are doing Gloria to remember the ANZACs. Adding bully beef to the day's menu. Cheers, Nadine.