A freelance writer who can't resist good food and exploring new places. Visit my blog at www.travelchook.com
Published April 24th 2014
Make Mum Feel Special
Mothers work hard to provide the very best for their children and certainly deserve a Mother's Day celebration as a small token of appreciation. This year Mother's Day is Sunday 11th May 2014, and the time to start planning is as early as possible.
Here are five ideas to celebrate Mother's Day to make it one to remember:
1. High Tea at a venue with class Dress up in your prettiest outfit and take mum to High Tea for a decadent array of savoury and sweet pieces of deliciousness in an elegant girly setting. Check for High Tea venues in your area. For those that live in Brisbane or the Gold Coast, Tea and Niceties in the gorgeous Mt Tamborine does High Tea beautifully.
2. Cook a special three course meal
Get out your recipe books, apron, and finest crockery and cutlery. Fancy up your flat or house and invite mum over for a three course meal to remember. Presentation will be key here. Make it special by the way you set the table and present the food. Include lots of fresh vibrant flowers on the table and candles. Even lay out a red carpet for mum to walk down as she comes through the door – guaranteed to bring a smile to her face.
3. Shopping spree with lunch to recover Give mum shopping gift vouchers, then take her on a shopping spree, with a coffee break in between stores, followed by lunch at restaurant in the shopping centre or nearby (no, not the food court).
4. Pamper mum with spa treatments Book mum into a spa for one or more treatments tailored to her needs. It might be a massage, pedicure, manicure, facial or body wrap. The more treatments the better. Check the budget first though. Book yourself in with her, so you can have some quality time together while being pampered. Many spa's offer lunch after the treatments as part of a package deal or can recommend a nearby restaurant option. For those that love mountains and live in Brisbane or the Gold Coast, I can personally vouch for Getaway Day Spa.
5. Chick flick in Gold Class with lunch, chocolates and roses Take mum to a chick flick in a Gold Class cinema and enjoy being served wine and lunch while watching a movie. Follow it up with a box of extravagant chocolates (or jewellery) and a bunch of roses.
No matter what option you choose, remember all your mum has done for you and make the effort to give a little back to her on Mother's Day.