Freelance writer and photographer living in Sydney.
To travel is to live. ― Hans Christian Andersen
Published April 25th 2018
Make Mother’s Day Memories in Macarthur
Happy Mother's Day!
Why not treat Mum to a warm and friendly Mother's Day experience in the Macarthur region? As a local resident of the area since 2007, I can assure you that there is always plenty going on, Mother's Day being no exception! Mum will be looked after wherever she celebrates her day.
I have compiled this list of top venues with relevant offerings, notes and details for you, to delight your mum on her special day. Options range from sit-down brunches and luncheons to buffets, high-teas and barbeques. The choice is yours.
There are plenty of deals on offer that include special treats for the ladies (and some for the men in her life!) including free Champagne, Bellini's, beer, coffees and soft drinks, as well as free raffle tickets and gift vouchers. The day is set to be a fun-filled, special occasion for your mum, so enjoy and celebrate in style.
While you are here celebrating with Mum, why not also explore the best the region has to offer? The Macarthur region is bustling with colour and energy at this time of year, with plenty of Autumn trees boasting rich foliage in shades of auburn, fire-red and amber. For an extra special experience, why not visit the Australian Botanical Gardens, the largest Botanic garden in Australia, Dharawal National Park - Known for its eucalypts, swamps, waterfalls and rock pools, or Camden Park Estate, home to Australian Wool pioneers, John Macarthur and his wife Elizabeth.
Whatever you choose to do, it will certainly make for a memorable day.
Please note: Bookings are essential for all venues.
Mother's Day at Alkalizer Wellness Eatery
1. Venue: Alkalizer Wellness Eatery Location: 91 Queen Street Campbelltown (In the Campbelltown Council building) Phone: 0423 247 422 www.alkalizer.com.au What's on: Live music and extra special little delights to make this Mother's Day extra special. The food is always superb and presented beautifully with plenty of healthy options for vegans, vegetarians or omnivores. Excellent coffee, turmeric lattes, cakes, and Alkalizer's own alkaline water (all water proceeds go to charity) Alkalizer owner Shefali makes sure everyone is looked after and enjoying themselves. This cafe has such a wonderful energy, be sure to visit. Time: Open from 8:00 am Price: Regular menu prices
2. Venue: Barenz Location: 130 Argyle St, Camden Phone: (02) 4655 2400 www.barenz.com.au What's on: Beautiful buffet breakfast on offer. Kids under 4 eat free. Barenz is a popular, bright and modern café, with a friendly, relaxed vibe. Perfect for large groups. Time: From 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Price: $25 per adult, $10 per child (4-12 years) Kids under 4 years are free.
3. Venue: Belgenny Farm Location: 100 Elizabeth Macarthur Ave, Camden South Phone: (02) 4654 6800 www.belgennyfarm.com.au What's on: Free entry to the farm, there will be live entertainment, activities, including a Petting Zoo as well as food trucks & market stalls to enjoy. Buffet Lunch Time: 1st seating 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm, 2nd seating 2:00pm – 3:30 pm Price: $59.00 per adult, $29.00 per child (3-12 years)
4. Venue: Camden Golf Club Location: Camden Golf Club, 50 Lodges Rd, Narellan Phone: (02) 4646 1203 www.camdengolfclub.com.au What's on: Black Velvet Duo are back by popular demand at Camden Golf Club. This Mother's Day, enjoy lunch with a twist. They'll be playing the hits you know and love. Enjoy some drinks, great food and a dance. All mothers receive a $20 Eden Day Spa voucher plus go in the draw to win an additional $100, $200 or $300 Eden Day Spa voucher. Time: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm. Price: $40 per person
5. Venue: Camden Valley Inn Location: 290 Remembrance Dr, Camden Park Phone: (02) 4634 8100 www.camdenvalleyinn.com.au What's on: Celebrate Mum with a day in the gardens this Mother's Day at Camden Valley Inn. Treat your mum to a cocktail or a glass of Champagne while you soak up the sun and relax over a casual bistro lunch with family. Kids can enjoy the playgrounds and gardens or bounce on the free jumping castle. Time: From 1:30 pm onwards. Price: Regular bistro prices
6. Venue: Campbelltown Catholic Club Location: 20-22 Camden Road, Campbelltown Phone: (02) 4625 0000 www.kingofclubs.com.au What's on: Breakfast sittings at Samba's Time: 7.30 am, 8am, 8.30 am, 9am and 9.30 am Price: Adults: Members $25.00, Visitors $27.50, Children 6-12yrs, Members $12.00, Visitors $13.20, Children 2-5yrs, Members $5.00, Visitors $5.50 OR: Brunch banquet at Kyubi Modern Asian Dining, including a Champagne cocktail for all the ladies. Time: 10:30 am and 11:00 am Price: Adults: Members $45.00, Visitors $49.50, Children 6- 12 years, Members $25.00, Visitors $27.50 OR: A special Kyubi lunchtime feast with a specially designed tasting menu, including a glass of Sparkling wine for the ladies. Time: 12 noon, 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm Price: Members $65.00 | Visitors $71.50
Children 6- 12 years | Members $25.00 | Visitors $27.50 OR:
Mother's Day 'Sundays on the Terrace'
Sun, drinks, food, friends and Live acoustic entertainment by MacDaddy Duo Time: 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm Price: Free entry ($5 food menu)
7. Venue: Campbelltown RSL Location: 1 Carberry Lane, Campbelltown Phone: (02) 4625 1408 www.campbelltownrsl.com.au What's on: Olly's Kitchen or Star Buffet on the day and mum gets $5 worth of free tickets for the Mother's Day raffle. $2000 worth of gifts. Time: Raffle at 6:00 pm
Price: Regular menu prices
Mother's Day at Lakeside Golf Club
8. Venue: Lakeside Golf Club Camden Location: 50 Raby Rd, Catherine Field Phone: (02) 4634 5834 www.camdenlakeside.com.au What's on: Sparkling Buffet Brunch held in our Function Centre at Lakeside. Enjoy a Petting Zoo on the lawn for the kids to feed their favourite animals stay entertained, entertainment from Peter Morgan and the chance to win some lucky door prizes, Complimentary glass of Champagne for Mum. Time: 9:00 am, 9.30 am, 10:00 am or 10.30 am with entertainment from 9:00 am Price: $41 Members, $48.30 Visitors, $21 under 12 years, kids under 4 are free
9. Venue: Gledswood Homestead and Winery Location: 900 Camden Valley Way, Gledswood Hills Phone: (02) 9606 5111 www.gledswood.com.au What's on: Enjoy the day with pamper stations, VIP experiences, market stalls, food trucks, catered picnics and lots more.
Champagne breakfast Time: 8:30 am – 11:30 am Price: $48.00 adults, $22.00 children (4 years and up) OR:
Buffet Lunch Time: 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm. Price: $48.00 adults, $22.00 children (4 years and up)
10. Venue: Macarthur Grange Country Club Location: 18 Raby Road, Kearns Phone: (02) 9820 4599 www.grangeclubhouse.com.au What's on: Buffet luncheon in a county club atmosphere, boasting scenic views overlooking lakes and the rolling hills of the Varroville Valley, with live entertainment for adults as well as activities for kids. Time: 12:00 pm Price: $49.00 per adult, $20 Children (Children 3-12 years)
Mother's Day at Narellan Hotel
11. Venue: Narellan Hotel Location: 279 Camden Valley Way, Narellan Phone: (02) 4646 1311 www.narellanhotel.com.au What's on: Banquet style brunch in The Pavilion
Seasonal fruit, fluffy pastries, coconut chia and creamy yoghurt in a banquet style brunch. Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Price: $55 pp with a Bellini on arrival OR:
$65pp with a 2-hour bottomless Bellini package. $15pp Kids includes kids meal, activity pack, dessert & juice or soft drink.
12. Venue: OTIS Grill, Rydges Location: 15 Old Menangle Road, Campbelltown Phone: (02) 4645 0500 www.otisbar.com.au What's on: Mother's Day High Tea
Includes a delicious array of chef-prepared sweets including fresh scones & cream, as well as a selection of gourmet savouries, coffee and tea.
All mums receive a choice of special Mother's Day cocktail or glass of sparkling bubbles on arrival, and men receive their choice of OTIS craft beer. Time: 12:00 pm Price: Adults $69, Children $30 (4-12 years) Children under 3 years are free
13. Venue: Rydges Campbelltown Location: 15 Old Menangle Rd, Campbelltown NSW 2560
Phone: (02) 4645 0500 www.rydges.com/accommodation/sydney-nsw/campbelltown/ What's on: Mum's special day includes fresh scones with jam & cream, Chef prepared sweet & savoury High Tea delights, Glass of bubbles or special Cocktail for Mum, a visit to the decadent Lolly Buffet. Time: Bookings from 12:00 pm Price: Adults $65, Children 4-12yrs $30, Kids under 3 eat free
14. Venue: Upstairs at Fred's Location: 100 Argyle St, Camden Phone: (02) 4655 5369 www.upstairsatfreds.com.au What's on: Breakfast, lunch & dinner. Every Mum gets a free glass of sparkling to enjoy on arrival, or coffee or soft drink. This is a great venue, with plenty to enjoy, from the décor to the amazing food - See my Weekend Notes article on Upstairs at Fred's here: Time: All day from 9:00 am Price: Regular menu prices
Mother's Day at Bambu Asian Restaurant
15. Venue: Wests Leagues Club Location: 10 Old Leumeah Road, Leumeah Phone: (02) 4628 4188 www.westslc.com.au What's on: Family Seafood Buffet Luncheon
Let Mum indulge in seafood, meats and sweets with a complimentary piccolo of Emeri Pink Moscato.
A photo booth will be there, with props, entertainment by Sydney Funk Collective and Alice in Wonderland to keep the kids entertained with games, fun and face painting. Time: 11:00 am open doors, buffet served at 11:30 am Price: $59 members, $67.90 visitors, $29.50 under 12 years, kids under 4 are free. OR:
Bambu Asian Restaurant Gourmet Buffet Luncheon
Treat Mum to something special this Mother's Day at Bambu Asian Restaurant. Packed with Asian fusion menu items including fresh seafood, carvery, combination dishes and a selection of sticky desserts. A complimentary piccolo of Emeri Pink Moscato for Mum. Time: Two sittings from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm or 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm Price: $48 members $55 visitors, $24 under 12 years, kids under 4 years are free.
I hope you enjoy this list and find it helpful when planning your Mother's Day activities.