Carnival of the Bold is back as part of Vivid Sydney 2015 and promises an outstanding line-up of artists to entertain, engage and entice you to participate in the quest for social change.
Works highlighting cultural awareness, indigenous rights, sexuality, gender equality, diversity, feminism, youth and marginalised communities will form part of the conversation led by seven great artists who bring their unique talents, voices and perspectives to these themes.
The artists gracing the 2015 stage are:
Outstanding line-up of artists performing at the 2015 Carnival of the Bold
- Candy Bowers – hip hop artist and writer/performance maker
- Mayu Kanamori – Japanese-Australian storyteller and photographer
- Luka Lesson – Spoken word artist/rapper
- PoeTribe – Indigenous spoken word duo
- Rani Pramesti – Indonesian-Australian theatre maker
- Fadia Abboud – Arab-Australian filmmaker
- Busty Beatz – Sound artist and performer
These artists use their art to enrich our cultural identity, explore shared values, spark imagination and empower communities. With Carnival of the Bold as their platform, they aspire and inspire to find the will and the way to force social change in sustainability, poverty, justice, peace, human rights, equality, education and well-being – helping to shape our world and future.
Carnival of the Bold is the perfect partnership for Vivid 2015 – Enlightening you to help light the path to social change.