Caffe Cherry Beans is one of the newest eateries having opened up in the reformed Birkenhead Point at Drummoyne.
This establishment also boasts great views of the water and the bright green trees; and thus making way for a great place to rest, rejuvenate and recharge after some time bargain shopping. It is great to also see a shaded umbrella outside. The decor is quite swish and elegant and this establishment is perfect for quality conversations to be enjoyed.
Have only tried their drinks. Their caffe latte is quite good, but it is not the best coffee I have tasted in the area. However it is worth coming to this establishment for their finely roasted coffee. This is the only cafe outside of the city that serves up green tea frappes apart from Starbucks. The flavour is not very syrupy and heavy which is fantastic. It is a cool, refreshing drink which is perfect to take away on a warm summer's day and a great alternative to ice cream.
Even though the service is not the fastest here, the service is still rather friendly.
Yesterday I was at CAFE CHERRY BIRKENHED , and I worst HOT CHOLATTE I had in my life, I've paid $13.95 for two cups of dirty dish water, when I've question the Asian lady how come they were so expensive she replied because it was going to be a specially made chocolate, she has no idea of what good hot chocolate is. She should go down to Guliver at the Rocks or places like that and take lesson. One think for sure they won't see me there any more or my sister ( who left the full cup of that liquid they called chocolate on the table), and certainly I will not recommended it to anyone.
We were customers at your restaurant on Sunday, and received appalling service.
I've listed the many errors, that caused for a terrible experience:
1) We waited 15 minutes for a waiter to attend to us, and eventually we had to signal the waiter to give us menus- they didn't come themselves.
2) Two menus were brought, although we were 3 people.
3) It was never mentioned that the kitchen was about to close, and we had to be quick with our orders. Nor was it mentioned that ordering was done at the counter, not table service.
4) Upon waiting a further 10+ minutes, and eventually summoning a waiter (who didn't come back herself to check on our order), she told us that we had to go the counter. We were then told the kitchen had just closed. After explaining, that we had been at the restaurant for at least 20 minutes- waiting to be served, our order was taken finally. We ordered coffees and sandwiches/burgers.
5) Our coffees were brought out with our food, thus we ate our food and the coffees got cold. These should have been brought out prior.
6) We ordered a pastry after we ate our food. This was brought out on a single plate, with no knives or other plates- where there were clearly 3 people sitting at our table. When asking for a knife, the waitress said she would go right in and bring it for us. She didn't, and we had to go into the restaurant and request it ourselves.
7) Another coffee was ordered, after waiting 10+ minutes it still hadn't arrived, so I went into the restaurant to ask for it in a takeaway cup. The barista demanded to find the order receipt before proceeding to making the coffee for me, as though I was trying to score a free coffee and hadn't actually ordered one. After much searching she found the order receipt and began to make the coffee. She was about to make it with full cream, while the receipt clearly stated 'skim'.
8) To add to this, none of the staff knew anything of the menu, and had blank faces when any questions were asked.
Basically, although the food, coffee and setting of the cafe was all agreeable, the service was beyond shocking! Worse than anything I have ever experienced. I will not be coming back here again!!! Extremely bad management, I don't know how they're still running.