Valentine's Day is almost upon us. My pursuit for gift ideas that speak more about the heart than the wallet assisted me in compiling this endearing list of 7 budget gift ideas which will woo your loved one without breaking your bank.
Here it goes:
1. Love letter
Write a love letter. Not an email or a text or a Facebook message. Write a real love letter with your very own hand telling your loved one how special they are. Use a beautiful piece of paper (possibly fragrant) and spill your heart out and then seal it in an envelope. Hide it in an easily accessible place for them to find it. If you are feeling slightly more adventurous then post the love letter to your special person, even if you live with them. Imagine the delightful surprise on their agape face as they receive the love letter in the mail.
2. Breakfast in bed Surprise your loved me with a wonderful breakfast in bed and help him/her in making a great start of the day. Make a wonderful breakfast and amaze them with your culinary skills. If cooking is not your thing then fear not. Feel free to check out this website for a wide array of easy and delicious breakfast recipes.
3. Old but Gold, a picnic Grab a blanket, pack a basket with some delectable delicacies, a nice bottle of wine and off you go to one of the myriads of parks and gardens our beautiful country has to offer. You could even drive to a country town and explore and experience a new place. However, doing some research beforehand is recommended to avoid disappointment like closure or under construction events. At your destination, spread out the blanket and put out the food and share a fantastic day with your loved one by sharing some good food, delightful conversation and belly laughs.
4. Pleasurable massage Make things steamy on Valentine's Day by giving your loved one a personalised and very special massage. Massage oils of all kinds, sorts and varieties can be had at the departmental stores, pharmacies and adults shops. Unleash your inner masseur or masseuse and give your special one a memorable experience while allowing them to unwind and de-stress.
5. Movie night in the house Pay a visit to the local video shop or take out a loan from a friend for a romantic movie. Choices are endless but you could consider one of the following: The Notebook, Roman Holiday, Casablanca, Romeo and Juliet, You've Got Mail, 500 Days of Summer, to name a few. Find out a comprehensive list of best romantic movies of all time here.
6. A generous gesture Do something nice and generous for your loved one. It could be as trivial as cooking, washing and cleaning for them for a day or as major as servicing their car or buying them something they have been hankering after for a while. Put on your thinking cap and do something sweet or generous but totally unexpected to get them completely smitten by you, all over again!
7. A whole day with them The best gift you can give someone is your time because giving time actually means giving a portion of your life which you can never retrieve again. Contribute the entire Valentine's Day to do things with your significant other. Play apprentice to their hobbies, do household chores with them, take interest in their stories and recent happenings, cook up a storm for them, take them to a new place, reminiscence about the past, about the first date etc. Spend a whole day reminding each other how much you mean to each other.
But above all, just celebrate your love and have fun. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!