I am freelance writer from Brisbane. I combine my passion for life and writing here at Weekend Notes. If you love writing as well, apply to write for Weekend Notes here- live.weekendnotes.com/apply/194183/
Published September 26th 2012
A comprehensive list of things to do, see & taste
1. Petronas Towers: This building has been featured in many movies. Currently ranked as the 5th tallest skyscraper in the world, the views from the top are pretty impressive. Walk across the sky bridge and enjoy the magnificent views from the observation deck. Ordering tickets online will be available soon, however at the moment tickets are allocated on a first come, first serve basis. Your best bet is to get there early so you don't miss out.
2. Batu Caves: Anyone that has seen a photo of these caves will know why it's on this list. The impressive caves are situated 13 kms north of the city. Walk up the 272 steps to view the 3 limestone caves. These caves are an important landmark for religious Hindus.
4. Chinatown: Chinatown is for the bargain hunters. Here you will find lots of markets – from imitation items to Chinese herbals. This neighbourhood is fast paced and very colourful. Enjoy and don't forget to barter!
6. Fish Spa: Give your feet a treat! There are many fish spa locations throughout KL. This item is not for those people with sensitive skin.
7. Jalan Alor: Get your feel for street food here. The atmosphere of this street at night is an experience not to be missed. Don't be tempted by the first place you see, walk around a bit and get a feel for what is on offer. Tourists are going to be hassled by locals here. Laser lights, manicure sets and little handcrafts will be offered to you as you sit for your meal– if you can get past this you will be assured a great evening.