Continued from Part 1 the list below contains more fun, exciting and interesting things to do, see and experience in Canberra. They are a must add to the bucket list!
1. Indulge in local foodie delights Sink your teeth into tasty local delights at the Old Bus Depot Markets, where you will find an array of food including multicultural delights. Click here for website.
The Mount Majura Vineyard is a small vineyard and winery that is situated on the eastern slopes of Mount Majura where it is characterised by red volcanic soils containing limestone and here you can enjoy a Gumboot Tour where you can go on a self-guided nature trail through the vineyard as you learn about the site , viticulture and enjoy views of the vineyard. Click here for website.
3. Meet a Cheetah
Take a Zooventure and meet a cheetah, feed lions or get up close and personal to other wildlife with this amazing once in a lifetime experience at the National Zoo & Aquarium. Click here for website.
4. Make your own glass! Get all creative and learn how to make your own glass paperweight or tumbler with a one-on-one workshop at Glassworks Canberra. Create your own unique design with this bucket list activity. Click here for website.
5. Time to get wet! Get wet and have a 'watertastic' time at the Big Splash Waterpark. The Waterparks features 9 slides, 50m pool, splash island, Play pool and more. Click here for website.
6. Feel like a giant. The Cockington Green is a must add to the bucket list as you will feel like a giant among all the tiny miniature creations. This experience you will not find anywhere else as you venture into the world of all things small with many displays of buildings, scenes, model figures and more. Click here for website.
7. Hit the road Jack! Take a self-drive tour of the Yarralumla diplomatic zone. This unique attraction/ activity takes you through the missions of foreign nations in their own distinct architectural styles. Click here for website.
8. Spend a night in an ex-Prime Minister's Room
Stay at the Kurrajong Hotel to obtain a real sense of Canberra's heritage. This is as far as you can get historically, there is even a replica of the battered old leather chair favoured by Ben Chifley, the post-war Labor Prime Minister. Click here for website.
9. Go fishing
Lake Ginninderra offers an ideal place for a picnic, birdwatching, enjoying nature with native and exotic trees and of course fishing! The park includes many fishing spots to try your hook. Click here for website.
10. Truffle Foraging
At The Truffle Farm you can come on a hunting journey looking for truffles! This foodies activity is a bucket list must do activity as you learn about the history of the farm, watch the truffle dogs in action and learn how to harvest and handle the truffles. Click here for website.
11. Check out the only copy of Magna Carta
In the Parliament House, the only copy in the Southern Hemisphere of Magna Carta is situated. The Magna Carta Monument was provided as a gift to the people of Australia from the British Government. The copy is dated 1297 and is a must see for history buffs! Click here for website.
12. See a local band.
Experience something different and see local talent at the Phoenix with live local bands playing. This is a great way to experience something different. Click here for website.
13. History lesson!
Learn about Australia's Indigenous peoples at the National Capital Exhibition. Click here for website.
14. Fly high!
Learn how to fly a plane at the Jet Flight Simulator. This fun and exciting experience is a must do, hence why it made it on the bucket list! Click here for website.
15. Re-live the iconic film The Castle
Take a visit to The High Court and visit the courtroom where The Castle was filmed! Visitors can also see The Great Hall which includes educational displays, features and exhibits and three courtrooms. Click here for website.