Bribie Island may be the smallest of the sand islands along the coastline of the northern parts of Moreton Bay but this doesn't' stop the district from providing shoppers with an array of marketplaces that cater for everything from fresh, handmade and packaged produce, arts and crafts, new and used merchandise, plant life and more.
Bribie Island is the perfect place to indulge in outdoor activities such as swimming, fishing, boating, picnics and barbecues, so there's plenty for you and your family to do after visiting the markets.
There are 4 regular marketplaces operating within the Bribie Island region and each has something different to offer market browsers.
1. Every Saturday you can visit the Bribie Island Markets located on the calm waters of the Pacific Harbour Marina. Features stalls with merchandise and fresh produce. There's live entertainment and a sheltered seating area for your comfort plus an opportunity to indulge in gourmet breakfasts alongside a great cup of coffee.
Facebook: Marina View Markets Hours -6.30am to 12pm
Address: Pacific Harbour Marina, Marina Boulevard, Bribie Island
2. If you love arts and crafts the Bribie Island Arts and Craft
Fair held on the last Sunday of every month is a must to visit. Around 20 stalls showcasing loads of arts and craft items, unique demonstrative workshops, music and various displays and presentations that will see you learning some new tricks of the trade for your own personal use. Address:
Bribie Island Community Arts Centre, Sunderland Drive, Bribie Island Hours of Operation: 8.00am to 12.30pm on the last Sunday of every month. Contact Number: 07) 3408 9288
3. Support a good cause and head to the Queensland Cancer Council Markets held on the first Sunday of every month. Approximately 30 stalls featuring homemade cakes and jams, fresh produce, arts and craft, jewellery, bric-a-brac and more. Address:
Brennan Park, Welsby Parade, Bribie Island Hours of Operation:
7.00am to 12 noon on the first Sunday of every month Contact Number:
(07) 3408 1896
4. Held on the second Sunday of every month the Bribie Rotary Jetty Markets hosts plenty of handmade goodies and bric-a-brac for sale. Address:
Brennan Park, First Ave, Bongaree, Bribie Island Hours of Operation:
6.00am to 1.00pm on the second Sunday of every month Contact Number:
(07) 3410 1176 or 0409 583 928
The operating hours and locations of each market are current (as of January 2012) according to the Moreton Bay Regional Council, however, it would be wise to call first and check as future operating hours may change.
If you know of any other great marketplaces in the Bribie Island region, please leave a comment.