2/3 cup olive oil 2 1/2 cups of stale wholemeal breadcrumbs (or white if that's what you've got) 2 cloves of garlic, crushed 2 teaspoon of bottled minced chilli Dried spaghetti for 4 190g jar of basil pesto Shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Brown pine nuts in a dry frying pan. Set aside.
2. Heat half the oil in the frying pan, add crumbs, garlic & chilli. Cook, stirring, until the crumbs are brown and crispy. Remove from pan.
3. Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water, drain.
4. While the pasta is cooking, heat remaining oil in the pan, add pesto and stir to combine. Careful, as this can spit a bit.
5. Toss spaghetti with pesto, pine nuts and crumb mixture.
Sprinkle with Parmesan. Make it pretty by scattering fresh basil over the top. I didn't have any!