- Upmarket country ambience (think Mosman in the country, but with a great deal more cuteness).
- Top scenery, peace and quiet.
The chance to chill in a weekender with stunning views.
- Autumn, when the deciduous trees turn red and amber, is stunning.
- The town itself, removal from the noise and bustle of city life.
- Private gardens in the town are open in spring and autumn for a small fee (about $7 per garden) through the Open Garden Scheme.
- Walnut and chestnut picking in March.
- Rainforest walks.
There are no petrol stations or shops in Mount Wilson. The Blue Mountains can also be prone to foul weather - rain, mist and cold in all seasons including summer. Come prepared. For further information, see my article "Escape to Mount Wilson."
- Relaxing atmosphere for chilling in a B&B.
- Gourmet food
- Historic buildings
- The Convict and Wine Trails
Wollombi, like most of the Hunter Valley, is very pricey. Expect to pay a premium for food and accommodation.
JERVIS BAY - Protected marine reserve nature playground with white sands, calm bays, wildlife, walks and camping areas.
Jervis Bay is 190km south of the Sydney CBD and will take you around three hours drive.
- All the above.
- Whale and dolphin spotting cruises
- Considered one of the best places for diving and snorkelling in NSW. Not a protected marine reserve for nothing!
- Top spot for kids.
- Loads of coastline and walks to explore.