Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Perth > Comments > Where’s the Best Place to Learn Chinese in Perth?
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
adchsn
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
Actually, I would love to know this. We are currently living in Beijing and our family will move back to Perth in two years time. Our children (4 and 6) are basic Mandarin speakers (both parents are English) and will be going in two months time to a bilingual school also in Beijing. We will end up living North of the River Mid 2014. I was wondering what current or potenial bilingual options may be out there? We will go back and forth to China as our business is based here.
by sharo (score: 0|3) 4036 days ago
by stace (score: 0), 3931 days ago
I am the director of a new English and Languages College in Perth. I have an excellent Mandarin teacher who I am working with the develop courses and classes in the Perth area. We should have some options up and running by 2013. Feel free to check us out at our website staceycollege.com
by Judith W (score: 2), 4036 days ago
Hi Sharo,

For north of the river, your option for weekend Chinese schools would be:
- Perth Chinese School (Sunday mornings at Yokine Primary School)
- Five Star (Saturday mornings at John Forrest Senior High School, Morley)
- Chung Wah (Saturdays mornings at Noranda)

As for bilingual mainstream schools (like in Singapore), I'm not aware if there's any in Perth. Some primary schools would offer Chinese as their LOTE (Language Other Than English), but this won't kick in until they're in Year 3.

Hope this helps.