Sydney Harbour being so beautiful from all angles makes a perfect outdoor photo location. While many of the locations listed here also make amazing NYE fireworks vantage points, all of these spots make amazing photo locations.
Here is a compilation of some of my all-time favourites.
Although the view of the harbour bridge from the observatory is from an angle, it makes an awesome outdoor photo location. There is a rotunda at the park that makes a perfect background for pictures. If you are lucky you may also spot a cruise ship stationed at the White Bay cruise terminal that can be viewed from the park.
Viewof Sydney Harbour Bridge from Observatory
2. Pylon lookout
At the top of Pylon lookout (entry ticket of $13 per adult), you will be great uninterrupted views of the Opera house. Because it's a view from the top make sure you have your selfie stick with you to capture the perfect angle.
3. Taronga Zoo Giraffe enclosure You might wonder why the giraffe enclosure, I'm sure the photo says it all. The long giraffe necks and the city in the background doesn't come second to anyone.
Taronga Zoo Giraffe enclosure boasts of great views
5. Cockatoo Island Hop onto a ferry from Circular Quay and in 10 minutes you are at Cockatoo island. The area right outside the ferry stop makes a great spot for pictures.
View from Cockatoo island
6. McMohan's point Your text goes here Our very own McMohan's point is no doubt perfect for a close view of the Harbour Birdge and Opera house tucked under. The views are unbeatable and the location priceless.
7. Waverton Peninsula and Balls Head Reserve Waverton is the suburb after North Sydney towards the harbour. It boasts of beautiful houses and amazing views.
View from Waverton
8. On the Ferry to Manly Not only is taking the ferry to Manly one of the top 10 things to do in Sydney, it also makes for a wonderful photo opportunity. The only thing you might struggle with is too many people in the frame.
9. Circular Quay
The quintessential view of the Harbour bridge from Circular quay. No doubt the first choice for any visitor and as the picture says, it's probably even better in rain. However not a lot of people realise that a great uninterrupted view of the bridge is from the top of the elevators that take you to Cahill expressway from Circular Quay. The escalators are located at the eastern end of the circular quay station.
Harbour Bridge on a rainy day
Readers, let your suggestions & experiences pour in.