I love travelling and writing, meeting people and experiencing foodie places.
Published April 25th 2017
Celebrate the special woman in your life
Our mothers, grandmothers and the extraordinary women who have influenced the lives around them, honour her on this special day of the year. Take the stress out of her life and yours by inviting her to some of the best High Teas around. There will be no cooking, no cleaning and no organising for guests. If you spoil mum with an afternoon tea to remember, she may raise your position to 'favoured child' status.
1. Sir Stamford Circular Quay offers a special time for mum to forget the routine and be fussed over. Indulge mum with the Stamford's famous three-tier tower of beautifully made finger sandwiches, delicious scones and luscious mini sweet treats while she sips on a glass of bubbly. Cost is $89 an adult and $42 a child (5 - 12 years). If you want your 'Favourite Child' status to go through the roof, upgrade this High Tea to include a glass of G.H. Mumm champagne and a range of mouth-watering canapés for only an additional $10 per person. But wait, there's more. All mums will receive a special gift to take home. Book now so your mum doesn't miss out on this beautiful event. Click here for further details.
2. The Tea Salon invites you to their Couture High Tea where guests will be greeted with a flute of Rose Champagne and then enjoy assorted ribbon sandwiches such as Smoked Salmon, Rocket, Lemon and Capers or Chicken and Wild Herbs. Savour their sweet treats which include Petit Mango Cheesecake or Dark African Cacao Torte. Scones and loose leaf tea or coffee will also be offered. There will be a gift bag for Mum and a fun novelty for children. Who could resist this wonderful high tea? $60 adult, $30 child (up to age 13). Click here for more details.
3. Primus Hotel opened just over a year ago creating an attractive art deco charm on the old Sydney Water Board site in the heart of Sydney. This year their Mother's Day High Tea will include a harpist entertaining guests from 12 noon to 3.00pm. On arrival, be treated to a glass of Veuve Clicquot then enjoy a selection of delicious sweet and savoury treats. Cost is $89 for this glamourous High Tea, click here for further details. This appealing hotel also presents two daily high teas between 3.00pm - 5.00pm - the Wilmot High Tea and the G'N'Tea High Tea. The G'N'Tea is particularly distinctive in that it is a Gentlemen's High Tea which has sliders and more savoury options than regular high teas. Families are invited to the G'N'Tea and this would be a great idea for Father's Day in September. Click here for more details.
4. Enjoy a scenic drive to the Hydro Majestic at the beautiful Blue Mountains. Their Mother's Day High Tea will be served in the magnificent Wintergarden Restaurant with spectacular views overlooking the stunning Megalong Valley. Begin the day with a sparkling cocktail then enjoy their wondrous three-tier indulgent delights with petite pastries, finger sandwiches and luscious fig or plain scones with a selection of tea and coffee. $85 adult, $45 child (4 – 12 years). Click here for the menu.
5. Boronia House has one of the best high teas in Sydney. Situated in a striking heritage-listed Victorian mansion, their food is simply delicious. Sweet and savoury delicacies, their exquisite lemonade scones plus a glass of sparkling Tyrrells white. Included is a gift bag for all adults. Boronia House will hold this special high tea on both Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th May but this offer sells out quickly so book soon. $75 adults, $35 child. Click here for further information.
6. Mother's Day cruises from $49 with Captain Cook Cruises, great value, admiring the main sights of Sydney Harbour while she sits back with a glass of sparkling and enjoys the sweet and savoury high tea delights. As well as a stunning High Tea, there is also a Mother's Day Breakfast with a variety of hot and cold dishes, from $59 adult and a Mother's Day Buffet Lunch, from $75 adult. Children are $10 (4 – 15 years) if accompanied with a full paid adult. See website for further details.