Located 18 kilometres north of Wollongong, just over an hour from Sydney, 1.5 hours by train from Central station. When: Every 4th Sunday of the month, 9:00am-3:00pm Where: Coledale Public School, 699 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Coledale, NSW, 2515 Highlights: You'll find plenty of stalls, food, live music, hidden treasures and good vibes. Located in between the ocean and the escarpment.
2. Eat Street Markets, Wollongong Escape to the wild, blue yonder that is Wollongong NSW. Drive an hour south of Sydney's CBD, to a seaside destination for those wanting to enjoy the beautiful South Coast and stunning Seacliff Bridge drive. When: Every Thursday, 5:00pm-9:00pm Where: Crown Street Mall, Wollongong, NSW, 2500 Highlights: An all-weather outdoor night hot food market. You'll find in-season fruit and vegetables, fair trade products, free range eggs, fresh roasted coffee, vegan products, organic bread, gourmet treats, learn about the slow food movement as well as enjoy live music, chill-out spaces to relax and soak up the community vibe.
3. Friday Foragers Market, Wollongong When: Every Friday 9:00am-2:00pm Where: Crown Street Mall Wollongong, NSW, 2500 Highlights: One of the largest weekly events in Wollongong. Learn about 'conscious' eating, sustainable farming and production methods.
5. Twilight Food Markets, Wollongong When: Operates on the first Friday evening of each month from October 2017- March 2018. Where: Flagstaff Hill, Endeavour Road, Wollongong, NSW, 2500 Highlights: Bring your picnic blankets and relax with a wine, in an Instagram-worthy family-friendly environment. Great local food available.
6. Art on the Grass, Port Kembla 8 Kilometres south of the Wollongong CBD, 112 Kilometres south of Sydney CBD, Port Kembla is known for being a great running beach and perfect for lap swimmers – with an Olympic sized pool on the northern rocks. When: Every second Saturday of the month Where: 100 Wentworth St, Port Kembla, NSW, 2505 Highlights: Red Point Artists members showcase their handmade art and crafts in their studios and courtyard. Meet the artists. browse the studios and stalls. You'll find ceramics, paintings, drawings, sculptures, woodwork, photography, candles, cards, knitting, sewing and more. Grab a coffee and listen to live music, children can paint for free and take their artwork home.
Art on the Grass
8. The Farms Market, Killalea State Park Over 90 stalls, breathtaking views, live music. Here you can pick up some fresh flowers, brewer's specialities, artisans wares and plenty of treats for those with a sweet tooth. Note: Please leave your fur-babies at home, as they aren't permitted within the park. When: First Sunday of the month. Where: 'The Farm' Killalea State Park, Killalea Drive, Shell Cove 2529 Highlights: Family fun, fresh food and fashion.
The Farms Markets
9. Jamberoo Village Markets, Jamberoo Located in the beautiful hinterland of the Kiama region, about 10 minutes scenic drive from Kiama and only 30 minutes from Wollongong, less than two hours from Sydney. Home of Jamberoo Action Park, with water rides such as the Funnel Web and Tornado. When: Last Sunday of the month, 10:00am-4:00pm Where: Kevin Walsh Oval, Corner of Churchill & Allowrie St, Jamberoo, NSW, 2533 Highlights: Find Bric a Brac, clothing, garden statues, vegetables, woodcraft, babies wear, books, food stalls.
Located 120 kilometres south of Sydney and home of the world-famous Kiama Blowhole. Kiama will excite and entice you with beaches, scenery and adventure activities. When: Every Wednesday, 3:00pm-6:00pm in Summer and 2:00pm-5:00pm in Winter Where: Manning Street, Coronation Park, Surf Beach, Kiama, NSW, 2533 Highlights: Pick up seasonal produce brought to you from the farmer or maker. You'll find oysters, wine, cider, gelato, mushrooms, sourdough bread, olives, cheese seedlings, flowers and more.
11. Gerringong Village Markets, Gerringong A small coastal village, located a short drive south of Kiama, 35 minutes from Wollongong, 2-hours drive from Sydney or a 2.5 hour train trip from Central Station. You will enjoy superb surf breaks, picture-perfect countryside and delicious food and wine. When: Held on the 3rd Saturday of each month, 8:00am-1:00pm. Where: Gerringong Town Hall, 106 Fern St, Gerringong NSW 2534 Highlights: Something for everyone, boutique stalls selling plants, jewellery, clothes, cakes as well as hot food stalls ready for when you get the market munchies.
12. Gerroa Market Mornings, Gerroa Located 133 kilometres south of Sydney, known to be the place for fishing, surfing, windsurfing, kayaking and kiteboarding. This beautiful village sits at the mouth of the Crooked River and northern end of beautiful Seven Mile Beach. The beach is part of aviation history. Aviator Charles Kingsford Smith made the first commercial flight from Australia to New Zealand in January 1933, using the beach as a runway. When: Held on 3 Saturday's a year – New Year Market - Held on the 2nd or 4th Saturday in January, phone for specific date: 02 4234 3448, The Easter Market, held Easter Saturday and the October Market, held on October long weekend Saturday, 8:30am-12:30pm. Where: Gerroa Neighbourhood Centre, 37 Stafford Street, Gerroa, NSW, 2534 Highlights: The Giant Book Sale, Devonshire tea, curry puffs, plants, white elephant and crafts. There's also breakfast for early arrivals, cakes and free face painting for kids.
Known as 'The Town of Trees', Berry is a picturesque rural known located just a two-hour drive from the Sydney CBD. Berry boasts regular high-quality markets which are well-liked by locals and visitors alike. Taking the train is a great option as Berry train station is located just a short walk from the town centre. Berry is an easy drive from Sydney, Canberra, South Coast and Illawarra regions, making it a perfect weekend escape for couples and families. When: First Sunday of every month, 8:00am-2:30pm Where: Berry Showground, Corner Alexandra and Victoria Streets, Berry, NSW, 2535. Highlights: Around 200 stalls selling handmade arts and crafts, stock up on locally grown vegetables and produce, collectables, books, plants, clothing and much more. There's an animal farm for children and free entertainment throughout the market.
14. Berry Produce Markets, Berry When: Every second Saturday and fourth Sunday of the month, 8:00am-2:00pm Where: Andrew Place Park, 102 Queen Street, Berry, NSW 2535 Highlights: Fresh fruit and vegetables, plants, handmade soaps, jams and seasonings.
15. Berry Flea Markets, Berry When: Every third Sunday of the month, 8:00am-1:00pm Where: Great Southern Hotel, 95 Queen Street, Berry NSW, 2535 Highlights: Bric-a-brac, odds and ends, treasures.
Please visit Transport NSW as your guide to public transport timetables, fares and accessible transport.
The best market hot spots of Wollongong and the South Coast