I'm a freelance writer and primary school teacher living in SE Melbourne. I love finding adventures for myself, my husband and our four kids to enjoy. Come along! Heart my articles, subscribe to the fun, follow along on www.facebook.com/WNMelbourne
A click of your mouse and your gift list is done and dusted
There you were, in October, bemoaning the fact that the shops have their Christmas decorations up so early. Here you are, wondering how it suddenly got to be mere days until Christmas. Never fear; technology and creativity save Christmas for you once more.
A curated list of the best last minute gifts that money can buy in Melbourne:
2. Cleaning Service: Who wouldn't love a hand with a summer cleaning or two after the busyness of the Silly Season? Call Stacey at Clean By Nature, or someone in your geographical area, and book a voucher as a gift for the new year.
3. Croc's Playcentre Passes: Warm when it's cool out, cool when it's hot out, and dry when it's wet out; how perfect is Croc's? Ten-time passes are as low as $70; great clutter-free gift for the grandchildren that helps a Mum of young ones get out of the house for a while.
4. Take a Detour: Be a tourist in your own town, or send your in-laws into the city for a trek around when they're visiting next time. Detours is Melbourne's latest and greatest walking and cycling tour company.
5. Toy Library: My favourite gift from my parents to my kids is our annual toy library membership renewal. Truly the gift that keeps on giving, every three weeks! Check out Bayside Toy Library, or the toy library in your suburb.
6. Puffing Billy: Fun for all ages, a day trip to Lakeside park or a Day Out with Thomas for the littles. Murder Mystery, Jazz, Steam and Cuisine; Puffing Billy has something for everyone and great voucher options as well.
7. Toy Store Vouchers: These ten toy stores offer traditional and modern toys for a wide variety of ages and stages. A voucher is quick and easy, and allows the family receiving it to choose a perfect fit for their kids.
11. Relaxation: Give the gift of relaxation at Melbourne's favourite Day Spa, endota spa. Vouchers available for treatments of choice or to put towards an upgraded treatment, or product.
12. Bucket List: Did you know that you can purchase a voucher to book a swim with wild dolphins for as little as $135? Polperro Dolphin Swims is well known and well respected in the industry for their due diligence and care with the dolphins and environmental care. Give the gift of an amazing check off the bucket list!
Your Turn! What are your best kept secrets for last-minute gifts? Do you have a favourite shop, restaurant, or service that offers vouchers, maybe even print-it-yourself-online? Tell us in the comments.
Merry Christmas Melbourne, and here's to less procrastinating in the New Year!