“Creativity Is Intelligence Having Fun.” – Albert Einstein
Published July 23rd 2013
CHEAPEST drinks in Melbourne?
Image by Sawyerlad via Wikimedia Commons
Brighten your gloomy evenings with a wide range of fabulous happy hours in Melbourne. Happy reading!
1. Blue Moon Bar - The Blue Moon Bar has happy hours every day of the week. You can enjoy $5 wine, $5.50 basic spirits and $6.50 pints of Carlton Draught from 5pm to 6pm on every night. On Friday, the extended happy hour spans from 5pm to 10pm. The Blue Moon Bar awaits you at 380 Russell Street, Melbourne.
2. White Bar – White Bar occupies the 129 Fitzroy Street, St Kilda and is an excellent location to spend a funky evening with friends and colleagues. Grace the red carpet of this St Kilda icon and be entertained with $5 alcoholic beverages from 9pm to 11pm on Friday with DJs playing trendy music from 10pm onwards.
3. Queenberry hotel – At 593 Swanston Street, Melbourne proudly stands the Queensberry Hotel. More than 100 years old, this old hotel has been transformed into a fantastic destination for grabbing some splendid happy hour deals. You can enjoy $4 house wine/sparking and $5 spirits from 5pm to 7pm on all weekdays.
4. Little Red Pocket – Little Red Pocket is a wonderful bar located at 422 Little Collins Street. Spoil yourself with $5 wine/beer/cider from 4pm to 8pm on every Friday evening. Groove to the loud Rnb music which lends the bar a boisterous and party ambiance. Read more about this bar by going here.
5. Metropolitan Hotel – Metropolitan Hotel regales patrons with delightful happy hours with offers incorporating $4.50 pot and $4 bubbly on Thursday and Friday. You can visit this hotel at 263 William Street, Melbourne.
6. Arcadia Hotel – The 2 Toorak Road, South Yarra is dominated by the old yet funky Arcadia Hotel. Live music and trivia nights are some of the many highlights of this hotel. Friday night is happy hour night with $2.50 pots and $3 wine from 5pm to 7pm.
7. The Vic – The Vic is another wonderful bar for sampling $5 wine/sparkling from 8pm to midnight on Thursday and $5 pints of Carlton Draught and $10 cocktails on Friday and Saturday. This bar is situated at 281 Victoria Street, Abbotsford.
Image taken by Joya D
8. Asian Beer Café – Melbourne Central in Melbourne CBD houses the Asian Beer Café (Cho Gao) which offers all day and everyday drinks specials entailing $5 beer/wine and $6 spirit. On Thursdays, girls can take advantage of the $1 champagne. This place is a splendid location to get cheap food and dirt cheap alcohol which are by no means of premium quality. However, this place especially the rooftop bar is great for soaking up the party atmosphere with friends and colleagues.
9. Cricketer's Bar – A popular bar, the Cricketer's Bar gracefully stands at 111 Spring Street, Melbourne. On weekdays, happy hour starts at 4pm and finishes at 6pm. The offerings include $3 Boags pot, $4 Craft beer pot, $5 house wine and $6 basic spirits. Over some drinks, check out the amazing collection of cricketing memorabilia in the bar, courtesy of the illustrious Melbourne Cricket Club.
10. 29th Apartment – On 29 Fitzroy Street, St Kilda you will find the 29th Apartment bar which offers excellent happy hour deals with a relaxed vibe. From 6pm to 10pm, you can sample $5 beer/wine on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Once you have quenched your thirst with the cheap alcohol, venture outside to take an enjoyable walk on the St Kilda beach.
11. The Quiet Man – The Quiet Man is a vibrant Irish pub which has a superb happy hour on Friday. From 5pm to 7pm on Friday, you can entertain your taste buds with free finger food, $3 pots, $5 wine and $6 ciders / basic spirits. No wonder Fridays are known as Wicked Fridays in the not so quiet land of the Quiet Man pub. You can explore and experience this pub at 271 Racecourse Road, Flemington.
Everyone loves a great Happy Hour and at Amigos in Hardware Lane we have 'Hora Feliz' from 5 till 8 every night with $5 Sol, $5 vino, $5 Agave Sangria (and $20 for a litre) and $10 margaritas and cocktails....Ay Caramba!!!
Your website is fantastic, keep up the great work! Cheers, Kerry at Amigos