This winter, Docklands has on offer a plethora of fun things to brighten up your gloomy winter.
1. Docklands Fireworks – For the entire month of July, commencing on 5 July 2013, every Friday night is fireworks night in Docklands. At exactly 7pm on Friday nights, Docklands sky will be ablaze with glittering lights of fireworks bursting into flames. Every night will be accompanied by an unique and distinct musical theme, while the spectacular fireworks will not only light up the sky but will also light up your soul. Turn up early to secure a good vantage point in the Piazza at Docklands and revel in the fabulous sights and sounds of the tantalising fireworks display. This free event is open to all. Enlighten yourself about this free event by going here.
2. Fox Classic Car Collection- The Queen's Warehouse building in 749 Collins Street, Docklands is home to the Fox Classic Car Collection. This awe-inspiring Australian collection worth $15 million is one of its kind. Some of the highlights of the fantastic collection include the largest collection of Mercedes Benz in the southern hemisphere, the Sir Henry Royce Foundation Gallery (one of the only three galleries in the world) and truly remarkable vehicles the like of which enjoyed famous owners like Elvis Presley, Pablo Picasso and so forth. A fiesta of expensive and amazing vehicles like Bently, Ferrari, Jaguar and Porsche, the Fox Classic Car Collection is guaranteed to blow your woolly socks off. This collection is open for viewing on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday from 10am to 2pm (1pm on Saturday) with an admission fee ranging from $8-$10. Find out more by going here.
3. Medibank Icehouse – Medibank Icehouse proudly stands on 105 Pearl River road and boasts the latest technology, world-class ice sports and amazing entertainment venue. The venue offers two Olympic sized ice rinks, top-notch sound and light systems, Sports and Fitness Gym, Igloo Café, bars and function rooms. Free beginners lessons are available to interested patrons. Open seven days a week, the Medibank Icehouse is a fun house for young and old, amateurs and experts, ice skating lovers and ice skating enthusiasts. Pay a visit to their website to learn more.
4. Wonderland Fun Park – Open on weekends, the Wonderland Fun Park is a fabulous place for family fun with exciting carnival rides suitable for all age group. Featuring dodgem cars, carousel and bungee jump, bee ride, Jurassic inflatable, Dragon Flyer and many other amazing entertainment options, the Wonderland Fun Park is truly an amazing wonderland in more ways than one. Discover more about this entertainment park by visiting their website.
5. Harbour Town – Housing over 90 shopping outlets, Harbour Town is a marvellous destination for all your shopping needs. Stroll through the numerous outlets, engage in enthralling retail therapy, partake in charming window shopping or simply grab a meal, the Harbour Town ticks all the boxes for your entertainment requirements. Visit their website to learn about all that is on offer at the Harbour Town and also about the VIP membership for scoring lucrative discounts.