Where's the Best Fruit Shop in Sydney

Where's the Best Fruit Shop in Sydney

Posted 2014-09-26 by Rotafollow
?

The other day I realised that I'm in love - with the Ashfield Fruit Market. What else could explain my sometimes twice-daily visits? I used to shop here years ago, but somehow forgot how special it is. And now I find myself living on the Ashfield Fruit Market's doorstep. How wonderful to be reunited!

Having a fantastic fruit shop near where you live can be invaluable. It is all too easy to rely on cheap processed food, especially when fresh food can be so expensive. But while we might enjoy the convenience of packaged items - we miss out on the health-giving potential of fresh fruit and vegetables.

The Ashfield fruit market sits in a run down, nondescript building along Ashfield's Liverpool Road. And although it doesn't look like anything special, you will usually find it busy - and it is always well stocked. The prices are reasonable and this is part of what keeps me coming back.

The best thing about this store are the amazing bargains that I have found there consistently. The reduced-price items are all kept down the back of the store on a series of shelves and sometimes on other tables or in boxes. There are always lots of bargain items and I often shop only from what I can get in this section. I can always find volumes of fruit or vegetables for a dollar or two, depending upon the season, and this has allowed me to eat a lot of fresh produce in the past, when I could never have afforded to buy full-priced items in abundance.

A lot of pensioners from the Ashfield area frequent the store for the same reasons and what is great is that every day is a surprise - you never know what you might find.

As a fan of juicing I find this one of the best places to get large amounts of fruit suitable for juicing, throwing in smoothies, or stewing - at prices that don't make you think twice before buying. They also sometimes sell discount items in soup pack mixes for giveaway prices.

In addition to fruits and vegetables they have herbs, loose dates and packets of nuts and dried fruit. The Ashfield Fruit Market is also conveniently close to the railway station and bus station as well.

So where do you get your fresh produce? Do you have a local fruit shop where you can get fabulous deals? Let us know.

#ashfield
#inner_west
#shopping
#questions
%wnsydney
117869 - 2023-06-12 20:19:01

Tags

Free
Outdoor
Festivals
Music
Markets