Gold Coast Explorer since Jan 2010. Always on the lookout for fun, family things to enjoy with my four kids.
Published October 22nd 2012
Forgive me Shannon for sharing your recipe
When I left South Africa, to move to Australia, a very special friend of mine brought her freshly baked chocolate brownies to my farewell dinner. More than the delicious gift however, Shannon shared her recipe. Her quest for the best was finally over when these brownies were baked. These are seriously the best you will ever taste.
250g butter 2 cups sugar 3 large eggs 2 ¼ cups flour 4 heaped tablespoons cocoa 5ml vanilla essence 6 marshmallows cut into quarters
1 slab white chocolate
1. Cream butter and sugar until white and creamy.
2. Add eggs one at a time, beating in between.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
4. Spoon into a greased pan (roasting pan size – I use my lasagne dish).
5. Bake at 180 for 25 minutes.
6. Allow to cool a little before cutting into squares (triangles look good too).
7. Dust with icing sugar.
8. Email me and tell me how good they are. (Weekend Notes readers: when you enjoy them - post a comment on this article).
9. PS I do it all in my food processor…much easier and quicker.
Whether you are looking for something delicious to make for a morning or afternoon tea, desert for a dinner or a party treat (they are a birthday tradition in our house now) - these brownies will disappear quicker than you can put them out. Try them. "The proof of the pudding is in the eating".