1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees on grill. 2. Clean the inside cavity of the chicken under cold water and dry with a clean cloth. 3. Peel the garlic cloves and place them separately under the chicken's skin.
4. With a brush, spread the vegetable oil all over both side of the chicken.
5. Now use your hand to rub thyme all over the chicken.
6. Once the chicken is ready, open a beer can and place the chicken on top of the can, as if he was sitting on it.
7. Place the beer can (with chicken) on a grill in the oven, and place a large oven dish under the chicken to get the gravy.
8. Leave the chicken to cook for 45min and put the oven up to 200 degrees. Leave to cook another 45mins.
You can serve the chicken with rice or vegetables.
If you choose vegetables, you will need:
4 small onions
4 baby carrots
Cut the potatoes and onions into quarters, and add all of the veggies into the oven dish under the chicken. That way the vegetables will be nice and juicy too.
Well, this method is just perfect. Because by putting a beer up the chicken's butt, you are adding moisture to the chicken, which keeps I from drying out. Plus, who doesn't love beer. It's just the perfect cooking solution, as the beer releases yeast and malt which gives the great taste.
This recipe has become very popular. It gives such a tender and juicy chicken. Plus you can do it on a BBQ, which will give it more of a smoky taste.