List an Event or Business
Invite a Writer
Write for WN
Basic Pretzel Recipe
Hello there, I'm living in Adelaide and have a passion for food and love travelling. Trace my foot steps to see what I'm up to.
Published January 7th 2013
This is one of the easiest recipes that I've found so far - considering how expensive one pretzel cost.
2 teaspoons of dried yeast
1 ½ tablespoons of sugar
1 ½ cups (375ml) warm water
4 ½ cups (590g) plain flour
2 cups (500ml) warm water
1 ½ tablespoons bicarb soda
30g butter, melted
2 tablespoons coarse salt
1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder to 1 tablespoon of sugar
½ tablespoon of garlic powder to 1 tablespoon of salt
A handful of shredded mozzarella cheese
Preparation: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook: 10 -15 minutes
1. Dissolve the yeast, sugar and salt in 1 ½ cups of warm water, into a large mixing bowl.
2. Stir in flour, and knead dough on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, for about 5 minutes.
3. Place in a greased bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover with cling wrap, and let it rise for 1 hour.
4. In a pan, combine 2 cups warm water and bicarb soda.
5. After the dough has risen, cut into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a 30cm rope. Twist into a pretzel shape, and dip into the bicarb soda solution.
6. Place on baking paper covered baking trays, and let the pretzels rise for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius while waiting for the pretzels to rise.
8. Bake at 200 degree Celsius for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with coarse salt, garlic salt or cinnamon sugar. Enjoy!
Help us improve
Click here if you liked this article
More articles by
Jolleys Boathouse Restaurant
3 Ways of Cooking Cockles
Caffe Buongiorno, Modbury
Apex Riverbeach Holiday Park
View all articles by YY
Your business or event? Feature this article
cant wait to try this with some Bavarian Obazda on the side... takes me back to the munich bier hall i was in last year
by chris262 (score: 1|54) 2106 days ago
Articles from other cities
Mai Belle Cupcakes
Semaphore Amusement Park
Marvel at the Autumn Colours at Mt. Wilson & Mt. Tomah
Bad Times at the El Royale - Film Review
The Voyages of de Villehardouin - Cruising French Waterways - Book Review
Colette's France - Book Review
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Film Review
In Like Flynn - Film Review
Tonightly Albumly Review
Transylvania Twist - Film Review
Little Secrets - Book Review
Blog Writing For Beginners
Fire: Demons, Dragons and Djinns - Book Review
Books and Writing
Chinese New Year
Escape the City
Food and Wine
New Years Eve
Blog Writing For Beginners
How To Keep Your House Clean When You Have A Baby
40 Interesting Facts about Australia
( view more lists )
What are the Best Money Saving Sites?
What are the Best Ways to Cook and Eat Periwinkles?
What's the Most Memorable Customer Service Experience You've Ever Had?
( view more questions )
view mobile site
write for weekendnotes
Copyright © 2012-2018
anti spam policy
terms and conditions