I am freelance writer from Brisbane. I combine my passion for life and writing here at Weekend Notes. If you love writing as well, apply to write for Weekend Notes here- live.weekendnotes.com/apply/194183/
Published September 20th 2015
Plan the perfect hens party for your friends in Brisbane
The secret to pulling off the most amazing bachelorette affair known to man-kind is preparation, knowing your attendees and creating an incredibly fun-filled environment. So here are a few suggestions that can make all of the above happen.
1. Mason jar cocktail party. Here you can pre-make your cocktails and have them sitting out in a pretty arrangement. Along with any cocktail party you will need a kicker playlist.
2. Guys and gals beach getaway. We are totally kicking tradition with this option. Get the boys and girls together and head to the beach for a sun-fuelled fun day of beach cricket, swimming, tanning, and a few summery cocktails. Be sure to organise a bus for your whole party. Take a whole heaps of cushions and a few pallets and you have a beautiful set up to enjoy a lovely lunch feast and simply to make the most extraordinary day more extraordinary.
3. Backyard BBQ - gather on cushions around a low lying table with a beautiful BBQ feast. The entire yard is lit up by the soft glow of the festoon lights that hang overhead.
4. A retro inspired garden party with your lovelies and the crew at Gathering Events and there caravan bar.
5. Punch Party. No, I don't mean that people punch each other, we mean that you create big beautiful jugs, bowls and drink dispensers of cocktails. Here is a blog with plenty of punch inspiration. 6. Choose Your Own Adventure. Anything could happen here so brace yourself for a spontaneous and wild ride. Did you ever read those books when you were a child? They were so much fun because you never knew where you were going to end up. So why not re-create a 'choose your own adventure book'? Create the first chapter, which is the first thing that the party does. Put it in words and at the end of the chapter, list three choices. Some inspiration - 1. go dancing, 2. head to the spa, 3. eat something delicious from her favourite restaurant.
8. Mixology masterclass. Book a member of Brissy Bar Staff Co. to come and teach you and your friends how to make some beautiful looking drinks. The perfectly styled setting will be a haven for the creative and an environment that is sure to bring upon many laughs.
9. Head to a fancy restaurant and a few cocktails. Bar Pacino in Brisbane for example has gorgeous bridge views, delicious food, Nutella shots, and beautiful cocktails.
10. And finally - create your own flower crown class with Flower & Bloom. This should be celebrated appropriately with cocktails & antipasto. Surround yourself with all things beautiful and walk away with a gorgeous crown to wear afterwards.