1 cup of apricots, sliced 1 cup of walnuts, finely chopped 2 bananas, peeled and sliced 1/2 brown sugar 1/4 golden syrup 2 eggs, lightly beaten 11/2 tsps mixed spice
1 tblsp grated orange rind
125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1. Grease loaf pan. Line base with baking paper.
2. Combine butter, sugar, buttermilk, syrup and rind in a pan. Stir over low heat until butter is melted. remove. Cool for 5 minutes.
3. Sift combined flour and spice in a bowl. Add butter mixture, eggs, nuts, and apricots. Stir until just combined. Pour into pan.
4. Cook in a moderate oven (180 degrees) for 45 minutes, or until cooked. Stand loaf for 10 minutes before serving.
5. Serve loaf cut into slices with butter.
Great for dessert for your dinner guests or a special occasion.
You must try it.