Subscribe      List an Event or Business      Invite a Writer      Write for WN      Writers      Other Locations
Home > Everywhere > Comments > Six Appliances I Bought But Never Used
Your Reply
Optional Image: (jpg or gif)
Your Email:

Security Image:
lbwast
Security Text:
copy text from image above
Highlighted
minimum score: order: subscribe:
Great tongue in cheek article. Hilarious. This one was worthy of reading out loud, I thought. One, because I'd considered buying the Tefal mini food processor, but now you've shown me it only processed enough food for ONE of the seven dwarves, well, I'll give that one a miss, eh! The epilator, well, funny story about that one - my daughter bought a couple - good lurk that one, you need a different one for every area of your body!!! My daughter likes it fine; but not sure yet whether I'm up for forking out for another two (at least) for upcoming daughter who will also need the bloody lawnmowers, soon! Juicer - we get heaps of use out of - in the season. Need I go on: there's the ice cream maker (we were going to make all sorts of gourmet icecreams, thereby saving ourselves a fortune!) the poffertjes maker (mini pancakes) - once so far. But I agree, the pizza stone or pizza oven often gets used on a weekly basis. In the end, you can generally find your way around alot of what these inventions do, and they actually claim you can't do without them. You can. Simple. They're just so new and SHINY!
by curiouser&curiouser (score: 2|526) 3869 days ago
by Melbournefreelancer (score: 2), 3869 days ago
Thanks, C&C. I'm glad you liked it :) I wasn't kidding about any of those things, esp not the epilator. Your daughter probably has a newer, less painful version. If I find the guy(I really don't think a woman would) who invented that torture weapon, I'd start on his chest hair and run it south. The amount of money we spend on these things is what makes it all so tragic. I'm thinking the prettier the gadget the less useful it is. Thanks for your comment, I loved reading it. Cheers :)